Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Decorator performance
Decorator performance [message #521300] Wed, 17 March 2010 08:26 Go to next message
David CHAUTARD is currently offline David CHAUTARDFriend
Hello,

I add a org.eclipse.ui.decorators extension point to get decorator for elements in my trees. The method decorate() is called for each elements, and in this method I have my own treatment to manage the display of the decorator.
The problem is that when I have several elements in my trees, it take a lot of time to decorate elements, and the application is stuck during a long time.

Is there a way to improve the management of the decorator, when there is a lot of elements?

Thanks in advance,
David.

[Updated on: Wed, 17 March 2010 09:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Decorator performance [message #521675 is a reply to message #521300] Thu, 18 March 2010 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sophie Andrieu is currently offline Sophie AndrieuFriend
Hello !

I have the same problem, and for the moment my solution is to create markers/decorators in a separated thread...

If anyone have another solution ?
Thanks!

Sophie
Re: Decorator performance [message #521892 is a reply to message #521675] Fri, 19 March 2010 08:13 Go to previous message
David CHAUTARD is currently offline David CHAUTARDFriend
@Sophie
How to you create your decorator in a separate thread? Because you just have a XXXDecoratorLabel class which implements "ILightweightLabelDecorator", and you wrapp it with the label provider.

I think the problem is the refresh treatment of the decorator, after the decorate() method is called for each element of the tree. But it should be managed in a specific thread which doesn't blocked the application.

Thanks for your help.
David.
Previous Topic:Not able to download older plugin dependencies
Next Topic:ACTION_ARRANGE_ALL: how to execute it from custom Action?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:11:52 GMT 2024