Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Exception initializing an RCP application...
Exception initializing an RCP application... [message #519474] Mon, 08 March 2010 17:52 Go to next message
Michael Moser is currently offline Michael MoserFriend
Whenever I start up my RCP app I always get the below exception in the
HelpUIPlugin. It happens even before the first bit of my own code
(Activator-ctor) gets called, so I suspect it must be some problem with the
rcp core's initialization order.

Have I missed something, that causes this? Any ideas, how to fix or silence
this?

This is using Galileo...

Michael

---------------
!ENTRY org.eclipse.help.ui 4 0 2010-03-08 23:39:52.632
!MESSAGE
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in
org.eclipse.help.ui.internal.HelpUIPlugin.start() of bundle
org.eclipse.help.ui.
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.s tartActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:805)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.s tart(BundleContextImpl.java:754)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWor ker(BundleHost.java:352)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resu me(AbstractBundle.java:370)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBun dle(Framework.java:1068)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.r esumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:557)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.i ncFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:464)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.d oSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:248)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.d ispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:445)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEve nt(EventManager.java:220)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread .run(EventManager.java:330)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Workbench has not been created
yet.
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.getWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:92)
at org.eclipse.help.ui.internal.HelpUIPlugin.start(HelpUIPlugin .java:108)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1 .run(BundleContextImpl.java:782)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController .java:251)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.s tartActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:773)
... 10 more
Root exception:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Workbench has not been created yet.
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.getWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:92)
at org.eclipse.help.ui.internal.HelpUIPlugin.start(HelpUIPlugin .java:108)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1 .run(BundleContextImpl.java:782)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController .java:251)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.s tartActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:773)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.s tart(BundleContextImpl.java:754)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWor ker(BundleHost.java:352)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resu me(AbstractBundle.java:370)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBun dle(Framework.java:1068)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.r esumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:557)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.i ncFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:464)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.d oSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:248)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.d ispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:445)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEve nt(EventManager.java:220)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread .run(EventManager.java:330)
Activator-ctor
Greetings from Example!
Application-ctor
Application-start
ApplicationWorkbenchAdvisor-ctor
---------------
Re: Exception initializing an RCP application... [message #519522 is a reply to message #519474] Tue, 09 March 2010 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luca Gallici is currently offline Luca GalliciFriend
It's possible that U call getWorkbench on start, but your plugin-haven't create the Workbench?
Re: Exception initializing an RCP application... [message #519774 is a reply to message #519522] Tue, 09 March 2010 17:02 Go to previous message
Michael Moser is currently offline Michael MoserFriend
"Luca Gallici" <redbass@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:hn50ml$2c5$1@build.eclipse.org...
> It's possible that U call getWorkbench on start, but your plugin-haven't
> create the Workbench?

My plugin DOES create the workbench, but it is called only after that
exception already happened. You can see that by the output of misc.
println()'s at the very end of the stack trace: my plugin's Activator and
the Application constructor and start methods are called AFTER that
exception and thus didn't even have a chance to create the workbench at that
point.

Michael
Previous Topic:Problem with modal MessageDialog
Next Topic:Questions about wizards
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:50:58 GMT 2024