Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Axis2 1.5.1, Web Service, Tomcat 6.0(Unable to add the follwing facets to project...)
Axis2 1.5.1, Web Service, Tomcat 6.0 [message #506711] Fri, 08 January 2010 22:26 Go to next message
Jens-Peter Giersch is currently offline Jens-Peter GierschFriend
Hello, all,

I want to create a bottom-up web service using Eclipse 3.5 (Galileo).

I already have registered my Tomcat 6.0.20 to Windows -> Preferences -> Server -> Runtime environment.

In the server pane for this server I configured "Use Tomcat installation (takes control of Tomcat installation)" because I want Eclipse to use an existing Tomcat service.

I also registered Axis 1.5.1 successfully in Windows -> Preferences -> Web Services -> Axis2 Preferences

When using the wizard for bottom-up web services I enter the correct data for Tomcat, Axis2 and Dynamic web project, click next and I get this error message:
"Unable to add the follwing facets to project WebServiceProject: Axis2 Web Services Extensions, Axis2 Web Services Core."

So I went into the Web Project Properties: Project -> Properties -> Project Facets.

The checkbox "Axis2 Web Services" checkbox is unchecked. There is an error message in the lower right section of the window specifying "Runtime "Apache Tomcat 6.0" is invalid. The name is already in use. Specify a different name."
If I try to check this checkbox there still occurs the error mentioned above. Either way I cannot click OK, only Cancel.

Does anyone of you have an idea what I did wrong or has a suggestion how I can get my web service running using Axis2, wizards and Tomcat?

Best regards

Jens-Peter Sad

Unable to add the follwing facets to project WebServiceProject: Axis2 Web Services Extensions, Axis2 Web Services Core.
org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.FacetedProjectFram eworkException: Failed while installing Axis2 Web Services Core 1.1.
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedPr oject.callDelegate(FacetedProject.java:1497)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedPr oject.modifyInternal(FacetedProject.java:438)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedPr oject.mergeChangesInternal(FacetedProject.java:1171)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedPr oject.access$2(FacetedProject.java:1107)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedPr oject$1.run(FacetedProject.java:321)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace. java:1800)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedPr oject.modify(FacetedProject.java:336)
at org.eclipse.jst.ws.internal.consumption.ui.common.FacetOpera tionDelegate$1.run(FacetOperationDelegate.java:62)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread. run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: The Axis2 facets cannot be installed since the Axis2 runtime location has not been set.
Go to the Web Services preference page and set the Axis2 runtime location under Axis2 Preferences.
==> I ALREADY DID THIS MORE THEN FOUR TIMES!!!
at org.eclipse.jst.ws.axis2.facet.deligate.Axis2CoreFacetInstal lDelegate.execute(Axis2CoreFacetInstallDelegate.java:50)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedPr oject.callDelegate(FacetedProject.java:1467)
... 8 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\webapp (Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden)

==> Translated: "System cannot find the file mentioned"

Question: What does it make search there, and for which file? Where do I have to configure this???
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jst.ws.axis2.core.utils.FileUtils.copy(FileUtils .java:158)
at org.eclipse.jst.ws.axis2.core.utils.FileUtils.copyDirectory( FileUtils.java:151)
at org.eclipse.jst.ws.axis2.facet.utils.Axis2WebappUtils.copyAx is2War(Axis2WebappUtils.java:94)
at org.eclipse.jst.ws.axis2.facet.commands.Axis2WebservicesServ erCommand.executeOverride(Axis2WebservicesServerCommand.java :84)
at org.eclipse.jst.ws.axis2.facet.deligate.Axis2CoreFacetInstal lDelegate.execute(Axis2CoreFacetInstallDelegate.java:43)
... 9 more

[Updated on: Fri, 08 January 2010 22:32]

Report message to a moderator

Axis2 1.5.1, Web Service, Tomcat 6.0 [message #506745 is a reply to message #506711] Sat, 09 January 2010 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jens-Peter Giersch is currently offline Jens-Peter GierschFriend
Hi, everyone interested,

the problem described above vanished.

I did the following things:

1. Changed the rights to "Full access" for the group "Main users" (I am using Windows 7, NTFS).

Building the web service did not succeed with the error message mentioned above.

2. Changed the name of the registered server from the default name "Apache Tomcat 6.0" to "Apache Tomcat 6.0.20". I did this because I remembered the other error message regarding "The name is already in use."

Building the web service still did not succeed with the error message mentioned above.

3. I reregistered Axis2 in Windows -> Preferences -> Web Services -> Axis2 Preferences. I restored the default configuration, applied, closed, opened, reentered the path to the Axis2 WAR file and clicked ok.

The webservice was built without batting an eyelid. I think I heard a silent chuckle...

So the error might stem from these two steps:
1. Rights on files
2. Problems with the registration of the server

Up to now I tend to say the problem's cause was an access problem...

<edit>
Wrongo. I reregistered the Tomcat server, and Axis2 did not respond anymore despite the WAR path did not change. After reregistering Axis2 everything worked fine again.
</edit>

Perhaps someone already saw something like that before (with Tomcat, Axis2 etc. of course)?

Thanx for reading my request!

Jens-Peter

[Updated on: Sat, 09 January 2010 07:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Axis2 1.5.1, Web Service, Tomcat 6.0 [message #538510 is a reply to message #506711] Mon, 07 June 2010 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fred  is currently offline Fred Friend
I recently had this problem and solved it by going into Window -> Preferences -> Web Services -> Axis2 Preferences and setting the axis2 runtime location by clicking the browse button and selecting it in the folder dialog window that pops up instead of manually typing it in. Before, I was getting the same error as you and I had manually typed in the file location, and although it said the runtime was loaded successfully, this did not appear to fully work as it would not let me select Axis2 Web Services in the project facets for the project properties later on to complete the project configuration.
Re: Axis2 1.5.1, Web Service, Tomcat 6.0 [message #638241 is a reply to message #506745] Wed, 10 November 2010 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kameetaj  is currently offline kameetaj Friend
I have win7 Operating System
,Eclipse Galileo
,Tomcat 6.0.29 and Axis2 1.5.1 (both have separate directories).

I have put axis2.war file in Tomcat\webapps folder
I have extracted the Axis2 1.5.1 (binary folder) separately in a different location.

I want to create web services using Bottom up Web Services tutorial by Eclipse.

In Eclipse Galileo I have given path of Tomcat Server 6.0
and
Axis2 Preferences to Axis2 1.5.1 (binary) folder which is separate one.

Should I give the path of Axis2 Preferences to the axis2.war file in Tomcat?

Is there any compatibility issue?

I am not able to create web services plz help.

Many thanks,
Kamran

ps. I have done this full access permision thing also.

Re: Axis2 1.5.1, Web Service, Tomcat 6.0 [message #666230 is a reply to message #506711] Tue, 19 April 2011 14:26 Go to previous message
D.U.C Aps is currently offline D.U.C ApsFriend
When creating the Webservice Client via

File -> New ... ->Webservice Client

Then when you reach the page called "Web Services", make sure that the dialogues that open when you click the two links named:

Server runtime: ...
Web service runtime: ...

both use the same axis version.

Best regards
duc
Previous Topic:Unexpected context restarts
Next Topic:Strange "deployment assembly" manifest editor behavior
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:13:47 GMT 2024