Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Fixed Table Headers(PDF)
Fixed Table Headers [message #504002] Wed, 16 December 2009 09:01 Go to next message
jlhernan is currently offline jlhernan
Messages: 13
Registered: November 2009
Junior Member
is there really no way to do this in BIRT? I have already taken a look at this: http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports /795-add-a-table-with-a-fixed-header-row/#description

The problem with this is that users will be using PDF to view reports. As far as I know, the method above does not support PDF. Does anyone know of a way to lock table headers when report is run in PDF format?

Any help is appreciated. I know there has to be more people out there than just me who would like to accomplish this.
Re: Fixed Table Headers [message #504037 is a reply to message #504002] Wed, 16 December 2009 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

I do not think this is possible now, but would make a great enhancement.
Any chance you could log an enhancement through bugzilla?

Jason

juan436585@yahoo.com wrote:
> is there really no way to do this in BIRT? I have already taken a look
> at this: http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports
> /795-add-a-table-with-a-fixed-header-row/#description
>
> The problem with this is that users will be using PDF to view reports.
> As far as I know, the method above does not support PDF. Does anyone
> know of a way to lock table headers when report is run in PDF format?
>
> Any help is appreciated. I know there has to be more people out there
> than just me who would like to accomplish this.
Re: Fixed Table Headers [message #504038 is a reply to message #504037] Wed, 16 December 2009 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

BTW I assume you meant that you want the header to scroll in pdf?

Jason Weathersby wrote:
> I do not think this is possible now, but would make a great enhancement.
> Any chance you could log an enhancement through bugzilla?
>
> Jason
>
> juan436585@yahoo.com wrote:
>> is there really no way to do this in BIRT? I have already taken a look
>> at this: http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports
>> /795-add-a-table-with-a-fixed-header-row/#description
>>
>> The problem with this is that users will be using PDF to view reports.
>> As far as I know, the method above does not support PDF. Does anyone
>> know of a way to lock table headers when report is run in PDF format?
>>
>> Any help is appreciated. I know there has to be more people out there
>> than just me who would like to accomplish this.
Re: Fixed Table Headers [message #504039 is a reply to message #504038] Wed, 16 December 2009 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jlhernan is currently offline jlhernan
Messages: 13
Registered: November 2009
Junior Member
Yea, I want the header to always be there when I am scrolling, locked table headers.

It is a shame, that BIRT doesnt have this feature. I mean, come on! Even Excel has it! haha. Oh well, maybe this will be added in the future.
Re: Fixed Table Headers [message #504255 is a reply to message #504039] Thu, 17 December 2009 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Can you add a enhancement for it?

juan436585@yahoo.com wrote:
> Yea, I want the header to always be there when I am scrolling, locked
> table headers.
>
> It is a shame, that BIRT doesnt have this feature. I mean, come on! Even
> Excel has it! haha. Oh well, maybe this will be added in the future.
Re: Fixed Table Headers [message #843915 is a reply to message #504255] Fri, 13 April 2012 09:48 Go to previous message
Ngoc Doan is currently offline Ngoc Doan
Messages: 1
Registered: April 2012
Junior Member
Hi,
Do you get the solution for your question? Can I know the solution if you have one?
Thanks
Previous Topic:progressive total
Next Topic:Linking data sets when one calls a stored procedure
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Aug 01 18:45:04 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01819 seconds