Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Splash screen not showing up for a shared bundles installation
Splash screen not showing up for a shared bundles installation [message #501445] Wed, 02 December 2009 11:38 Go to next message
David ALEXANDRE is currently offline David ALEXANDREFriend
Hi,

I do not know if this is a known bug or a mistake from my side. I use a custom p2 installer to install two products side by side along with shared bundles. Everything works fine except splash screen does not show up when I run the apps.

Same thing can be reproduced by installing Eclipse with the equinox p2 installer and choosing shared install. Eclipse starts with no splash.

After a few investigations I ended up on:

in org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.resolve(...) {
if (urlString.startsWith(PLATFORM_URL)) {
String path = urlString.substring(PLATFORM_URL.length());
return getInstallLocation() + path;
}
}

this returns the product installation path and the launcher tries to locate splash.bmp into: /some/path/product/plugins/pluginwithsplash/
Re: Splash screen not showing up for a shared bundles installation [message #532976 is a reply to message #501445] Tue, 11 May 2010 18:11 Go to previous message
Chri is currently offline ChriFriend
Hi,

I just stumbled across the same issue, but it's actually easy to solve:

In the generated eclipseInstall/configuration/config.ini files the osgi.splashPath=platform\:/base/plugins/org.eclipse.platform , which is used to resolve the path, points to the wrong location as platform\:base is the eclipseInstall directory and not the bundle pool location. On can easily modify the osgi.splashPath to point to the proper location or could use a full path and the osgi.splashLocation property.

Greetings

Christian
Previous Topic:Where is the Secure Storage Provider for 64bit Windows?
Next Topic:Running an IApplication when deploying to Tomcat with servletbridge
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:14:18 GMT 2024