Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Classpath problem - getting error sending Email(Classpath problem)
Classpath problem - getting error sending Email [message #499106] Thu, 19 November 2009 21:27 Go to next message
Brian is currently offline BrianFriend
In my RCP app, I just added the ability to email if certain conditions are met. When I try to email an attachment, I get the following error:

javax.mail.MessagingException: IOException while sending message;
nested exception is:
javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException: no object DCH for MIME type multipart/mixed; boundary="----=_Part_0_6086910.1258665005981"
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.ja va:779)
at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:191)
at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:120)

I have the same code setup in regular java test program and it works fine. Other posts on the internet indicate it's an issue with the classpath which kind of makes sense. I created a plugin for the JavaMail API 1.4.2 jar files (http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/) and moved it to the top of the dependencies for my plugin. I still get the exception.

Any ideas? Has anyone else emailed from their RCP app and got it to work?
Re: Classpath problem - getting error sending Email [message #499116 is a reply to message #499106] Thu, 19 November 2009 22:52 Go to previous message
Brian is currently offline BrianFriend
Nevermind...

I switched to use the mail.jar and the jaf activation.jar and it's now working. Not sure why it was working fine in the standalone test.
Previous Topic:Updates get installed but not activated
Next Topic:Opening a plain file in filesystem in org.eclipse.ui.DefaultTextEdtior
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:58:10 GMT 2024