Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Labels appear like "cut" and with no "..."
Labels appear like "cut" and with no "..." [message #496483] Tue, 10 November 2009 09:42
Javier is currently offline JavierFriend
Hello guys.

I have a GMF application with different kind of elements and most of them with labels containing the names. The EditParts controlling these labels are the ones auto-generated, there is nothing special about them. Node sizes are fixed so that if the user introduce a name that is longer than the width of the node, then the label will show up cutting the name and inserting "..." at the end. This happens most of the times, but not all times.

A few times, these labels don't show the three dots at the end, and names are cut. When this happens, it happens to all kind of labels (it means, for all kinds of NodeEditParts containing EditParts for names), with no exception. And when it happens in one project, then it happens to all of them... so I don't know where exactly the problem is, it seems not to be at a cotnroller level (EditPart) since it happens to all, not even at Diagram level (since it happens to all projects).. Sometimes when the Eclipse is restarted, problem is fixed but may appear again. I've been observing these since some time ago but I haven't found the reasons, no error is thrown in the error log.

if anyone has had the same experience, or might know the reason for this to happen... all help would be really appreciated!

Btw, I dont know if this is a factor, but all the times that has happened was on a Windows OS. And most of the times was when opening a big project... with big diagrams.

Thanks!

[Updated on: Tue, 10 November 2009 09:48]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Eclipse Modeling Days
Next Topic:Problem displaying menu's in Eclipse 3.5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:43:42 GMT 2024