Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » own eclipse update site(setting up a working update site)
own eclipse update site [message #492353] Tue, 20 October 2009 07:58
Philipp Zech is currently offline Philipp ZechFriend
hi all,

recently i've been trying to set up an update site for some eclipse plugins to allow easy installation. unfortunately, every time i try to install the plugins the eclipse update manager totally fails.
what is happening exactly can be described in a few words.

first of all i create a feture project with some name, eg: "my.plugin.faeature", calculate all the dependencies and create an update site project. Inside the second project, i choose the feature and afterwards build all, for that the repository is ready to be contacted. Though, now every time i try to install the plugin from the updat site, the update manager tells me that some feature (there is no name written, only a number[sth like 15263837625) requires the feature "".

Has anybody got a clue why this happens, as there are no cyclic dependencies among the plugins in the feature, which was my first idea.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Previous Topic:Best way to not show the select ui preference pages from contributing plugins to RCP application
Next Topic:'branding' at run time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Nov 27 10:16:05 GMT 2015