Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » own eclipse update site(setting up a working update site)
own eclipse update site [message #492353] Tue, 20 October 2009 07:58
Philipp Zech is currently offline Philipp ZechFriend
hi all,

recently i've been trying to set up an update site for some eclipse plugins to allow easy installation. unfortunately, every time i try to install the plugins the eclipse update manager totally fails.
what is happening exactly can be described in a few words.

first of all i create a feture project with some name, eg: "my.plugin.faeature", calculate all the dependencies and create an update site project. Inside the second project, i choose the feature and afterwards build all, for that the repository is ready to be contacted. Though, now every time i try to install the plugin from the updat site, the update manager tells me that some feature (there is no name written, only a number[sth like 15263837625) requires the feature "my.plugin.feature.group".

Has anybody got a clue why this happens, as there are no cyclic dependencies among the plugins in the feature, which was my first idea.

Thanks for any help in advance!

cheers,

philipp
Previous Topic:Best way to not show the select ui preference pages from contributing plugins to RCP application
Next Topic:'branding' at run time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 02:44:42 GMT 2024