Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » PDE Build: Fail to generate p2 metadata properly
PDE Build: Fail to generate p2 metadata properly [message #490419] Thu, 08 October 2009 15:25
Frank Du is currently offline Frank DuFriend
Dear All,

I cannot figure it out how to properly generate p2 metadata. Something might be wrong in the process. Please help to review my build process, and advise:

1. Check out the source from svn (svn command).
2. Check out the builder configuration.
3. Use antRunner (org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner) application to build the features.
4. Inflate all zip feature files to an output directory
5. Use a program to generate site.xml. I wrote the program.

6. Generate p2 metadata using EclipseGenerator application (org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.generator.EclipseGenerator)

7. Copy the output to a website with ant Copy task.

All the above steps are automated by ant. It works well for Classic Update Manager. However, it cannot be installed via p2 Software Update. What is the possible cause of this issue? Any input is appreciated, because it bothers me for a long time.

By the way, in my feature definition, what is difference between "Plug-ins" tab and "Dependency" tab?

For example, if my plug-in A depends on org.eclipse.ui, to which list should I add it?

Thank you so much!

Best Regards,
Frank Du

Previous Topic:Galileo: Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
Next Topic:PDE Build: Fail to generate p2 metadata properly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:05:49 GMT 2024