Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Modeling (top-level project) » EMF & Tests
EMF & Tests [message #382216] Fri, 20 June 2008 14:41 Go to next message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael Istria
Messages: 755
Registered: July 2009
Location: Grenoble, France
Senior Member
Hello,

I am currently contributiong to JWT code, mainly based on EMF. I would
like to use Test Driven Development to work, since it improves my
efficiency.
However, most of my work is to add specific behaviors on EMF events such
as change of a property value & co, and I don't know how to write good
tests with EMF. Indeed, I am afraid I have to create mocks for almost
everything (and that idea doesn't really satisfy me).

Do you have any advice, experience or interesting links on this topic?

Thanks,
Mickael
Re: EMF & Tests [message #382217 is a reply to message #382216] Fri, 20 June 2008 15:10 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed Merks
Messages: 26054
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Mickael,

Comments below.

Mickael Istria wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am currently contributiong to JWT code, mainly based on EMF. I would
> like to use Test Driven Development to work, since it improves my
> efficiency.
> However, most of my work is to add specific behaviors on EMF events
> such as change of a property value & co, and I don't know how to write
> good tests with EMF.
We have a JUnit test suite for EMF in CVS. We also have older tests
internally that are really crappy but slightly useful.
> Indeed, I am afraid I have to create mocks for almost everything (and
> that idea doesn't really satisfy me).
Maybe you'd want to extend the generator to generate model-specific
tests. I'm not really clear on what specifically you'll be testing.
>
> Do you have any advice, experience or interesting links on this topic?
Not so much...
>
> Thanks,
> Mickael
Re: EMF & Tests [message #607541 is a reply to message #382216] Fri, 20 June 2008 15:10 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed Merks
Messages: 26054
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Mickael,

Comments below.

Mickael Istria wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am currently contributiong to JWT code, mainly based on EMF. I would
> like to use Test Driven Development to work, since it improves my
> efficiency.
> However, most of my work is to add specific behaviors on EMF events
> such as change of a property value & co, and I don't know how to write
> good tests with EMF.
We have a JUnit test suite for EMF in CVS. We also have older tests
internally that are really crappy but slightly useful.
> Indeed, I am afraid I have to create mocks for almost everything (and
> that idea doesn't really satisfy me).
Maybe you'd want to extend the generator to generate model-specific
tests. I'm not really clear on what specifically you'll be testing.
>
> Do you have any advice, experience or interesting links on this topic?
Not so much...
>
> Thanks,
> Mickael
Previous Topic:EMF & Tests
Next Topic:org.eclipse.emf.mwe?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Sep 20 16:16:26 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01729 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software