Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMT (Generative Modeling Technologies) » Is it possible to use GMF without underlying EMF model?
Is it possible to use GMF without underlying EMF model? [message #375688] Wed, 20 December 2006 13:22 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: notMail.dot.com

Hello everyone,

Since two month I am implementing a editor using GEF and Draw2d and a
lot of times, I catch myself thinking, why is some functionality not yet
implemented.

Well, I looked at the example Editor for GMF, and was thunderstruck. But
sadly my model is not build on EMF and I can not change it, because
others are depending on it. So my question is the following:
Is it possible to use GMF without the underlying EMF model, or is it
possible to wrap model elements using GMF, without having to change
their behaviour?

cheers

Oliver
Re: Is it possible to use GMF without underlying EMF model? [message #375694 is a reply to message #375688] Wed, 20 December 2006 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freddy Allilaire is currently offline Freddy AllilaireFriend
Messages: 130
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Oliver,

You'd have better luck if you post your question in the GMF newsgroup:
news://news.eclipse.org/eclipse.modeling.gmf

This newsgroup is for questions about GMT, the research incubator of EMP.


Regards,
Freddy.


Oliver Smithy a écrit :
> Hello everyone,
>
> Since two month I am implementing a editor using GEF and Draw2d and a
> lot of times, I catch myself thinking, why is some functionality not yet
> implemented.
>
> Well, I looked at the example Editor for GMF, and was thunderstruck. But
> sadly my model is not build on EMF and I can not change it, because
> others are depending on it. So my question is the following:
> Is it possible to use GMF without the underlying EMF model, or is it
> possible to wrap model elements using GMF, without having to change
> their behaviour?
>
> cheers
>
> Oliver
Re: Is it possible to use GMF without underlying EMF model? [message #375698 is a reply to message #375694] Thu, 21 December 2006 18:07 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: notMail.dot.com

Hi Freddy,

thank you for your advice, I am deeply sorry, I misread the name of the
group.

thanks

Oliver

Freddy Allilaire wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> You'd have better luck if you post your question in the GMF newsgroup:
> news://news.eclipse.org/eclipse.modeling.gmf
>
> This newsgroup is for questions about GMT, the research incubator of EMP.
Re: Is it possible to use GMF without underlying EMF model? [message #560611 is a reply to message #375688] Wed, 20 December 2006 15:38 Go to previous message
Freddy Allilaire is currently offline Freddy AllilaireFriend
Messages: 130
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Oliver,

You'd have better luck if you post your question in the GMF newsgroup:
news://news.eclipse.org/eclipse.modeling.gmf

This newsgroup is for questions about GMT, the research incubator of EMP.


Regards,
Freddy.


Oliver Smithy a écrit :
> Hello everyone,
>
> Since two month I am implementing a editor using GEF and Draw2d and a
> lot of times, I catch myself thinking, why is some functionality not yet
> implemented.
>
> Well, I looked at the example Editor for GMF, and was thunderstruck. But
> sadly my model is not build on EMF and I can not change it, because
> others are depending on it. So my question is the following:
> Is it possible to use GMF without the underlying EMF model, or is it
> possible to wrap model elements using GMF, without having to change
> their behaviour?
>
> cheers
>
> Oliver
Re: Is it possible to use GMF without underlying EMF model? [message #560617 is a reply to message #375694] Thu, 21 December 2006 18:07 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: notMail.dot.com

Hi Freddy,

thank you for your advice, I am deeply sorry, I misread the name of the
group.

thanks

Oliver

Freddy Allilaire wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> You'd have better luck if you post your question in the GMF newsgroup:
> news://news.eclipse.org/eclipse.modeling.gmf
>
> This newsgroup is for questions about GMT, the research incubator of EMP.
Previous Topic:Complete editor
Next Topic:[oaw] ClassLoader issue
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Dec 20 11:35:11 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01652 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software