Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Test automation
Test automation [message #37695] Wed, 26 October 2005 13:57 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: aparasur.ugs.com

Hi,
I have written JUnit test cases for my plug-ins. I want to be able to run
these tests on a nightly basis. I was looking at the "Build and Test
Automation for plug-ins and features" article
( http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-PDE-Automation/autom ation.html)
that describes how to build and test plug-ins.

Since TPTP provides additional features like profiling, I would like to
leverage TPTP to perform testing and profiling. Is it possible to invoke
TPTP tests and profiling from the command line? I can then schedule them
nightly using the Windows scheduler. I couldn't find any tutorials or guides
to do this in a non-interactive manner.

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to use the TPTP framework from
the command line or if I need to revert to following the "Build and Test
Automation for plug-ins and features" article.


Thanks in advance.
-Arvind
Re: Test automation [message #37802 is a reply to message #37695] Thu, 27 October 2005 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Messages: 404
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
In TPTP4.1 a new feature was included to allow users to launch test suites
via light weight clients (such as ant scripts or shell scripts). This is
expalined under the following help content:
'TPTP Tester guide > JUnit testing with TPTP > Testing JUnit Plug-ins with
TPTP > Launching tests from scripts and applications".
If you also extract the following plugin from TPTP's cvs:
Platform/org.eclipse.hyades.execution you'll see an ant script example
under: src-automation-client\org.eclipse.hyades.automation.tests\te st.xml.

You can also run the profiling agent in stand alone mode using the extension
flag:
-XrunpiAgent:server=standalone. See the following help content:

"Monitoring and analyzing performance > Monitoring and analyzing application
performance > Profiling an application > Profiling an application in
stand-alone mode"


Hope that helps.

"Arvind Parasuram" <aparasur@ugs.com> wrote in message
news:djo201$han$1@news.eclipse.org...
> Hi,
> I have written JUnit test cases for my plug-ins. I want to be able to run
> these tests on a nightly basis. I was looking at the "Build and Test
> Automation for plug-ins and features" article
> ( http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-PDE-Automation/autom ation.html)
> that describes how to build and test plug-ins.
>
> Since TPTP provides additional features like profiling, I would like to
> leverage TPTP to perform testing and profiling. Is it possible to invoke
> TPTP tests and profiling from the command line? I can then schedule them
> nightly using the Windows scheduler. I couldn't find any tutorials or
guides
> to do this in a non-interactive manner.
>
> I am trying to figure out if it is possible to use the TPTP framework from
> the command line or if I need to revert to following the "Build and Test
> Automation for plug-ins and features" article.
>
>
> Thanks in advance.
> -Arvind
>
>
Re: Test automation [message #37896 is a reply to message #37802] Thu, 27 October 2005 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: aparasur.ugs.com

Ali,
Thanks for replying. I downloaded the TPTP 4.1 version but I can't find the
help content that you are referring to. Am I missing something?

Thanks.
-Arvind


"Ali Mehregani" <amehrega@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
news:djqqeq$46g$1@news.eclipse.org...
> In TPTP4.1 a new feature was included to allow users to launch test suites
> via light weight clients (such as ant scripts or shell scripts). This is
> expalined under the following help content:
> 'TPTP Tester guide > JUnit testing with TPTP > Testing JUnit Plug-ins with
> TPTP > Launching tests from scripts and applications".
> If you also extract the following plugin from TPTP's cvs:
> Platform/org.eclipse.hyades.execution you'll see an ant script example
> under:
> src-automation-client\org.eclipse.hyades.automation.tests\te st.xml.
>
> You can also run the profiling agent in stand alone mode using the
> extension
> flag:
> -XrunpiAgent:server=standalone. See the following help content:
>
> "Monitoring and analyzing performance > Monitoring and analyzing
> application
> performance > Profiling an application > Profiling an application in
> stand-alone mode"
>
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> "Arvind Parasuram" <aparasur@ugs.com> wrote in message
> news:djo201$han$1@news.eclipse.org...
>> Hi,
>> I have written JUnit test cases for my plug-ins. I want to be able to run
>> these tests on a nightly basis. I was looking at the "Build and Test
>> Automation for plug-ins and features" article
>> ( http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-PDE-Automation/autom ation.html)
>> that describes how to build and test plug-ins.
>>
>> Since TPTP provides additional features like profiling, I would like to
>> leverage TPTP to perform testing and profiling. Is it possible to invoke
>> TPTP tests and profiling from the command line? I can then schedule them
>> nightly using the Windows scheduler. I couldn't find any tutorials or
> guides
>> to do this in a non-interactive manner.
>>
>> I am trying to figure out if it is possible to use the TPTP framework
>> from
>> the command line or if I need to revert to following the "Build and Test
>> Automation for plug-ins and features" article.
>>
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>> -Arvind
>>
>>
>
>
Re: Test automation [message #37930 is a reply to message #37896] Fri, 28 October 2005 02:25 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Messages: 404
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
The test automation document may not have made it in our 4.1 stable build.
You may have to go with a development build.


"Arvind Parasuram" <aparasur@ugs.com> wrote in message
news:djrj2g$620$1@news.eclipse.org...
> Ali,
> Thanks for replying. I downloaded the TPTP 4.1 version but I can't find
the
> help content that you are referring to. Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks.
> -Arvind
>
>
> "Ali Mehregani" <amehrega@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
> news:djqqeq$46g$1@news.eclipse.org...
> > In TPTP4.1 a new feature was included to allow users to launch test
suites
> > via light weight clients (such as ant scripts or shell scripts). This
is
> > expalined under the following help content:
> > 'TPTP Tester guide > JUnit testing with TPTP > Testing JUnit Plug-ins
with
> > TPTP > Launching tests from scripts and applications".
> > If you also extract the following plugin from TPTP's cvs:
> > Platform/org.eclipse.hyades.execution you'll see an ant script example
> > under:
> > src-automation-client\org.eclipse.hyades.automation.tests\te st.xml.
> >
> > You can also run the profiling agent in stand alone mode using the
> > extension
> > flag:
> > -XrunpiAgent:server=standalone. See the following help content:
> >
> > "Monitoring and analyzing performance > Monitoring and analyzing
> > application
> > performance > Profiling an application > Profiling an application in
> > stand-alone mode"
> >
> >
> > Hope that helps.
> >
> > "Arvind Parasuram" <aparasur@ugs.com> wrote in message
> > news:djo201$han$1@news.eclipse.org...
> >> Hi,
> >> I have written JUnit test cases for my plug-ins. I want to be able to
run
> >> these tests on a nightly basis. I was looking at the "Build and Test
> >> Automation for plug-ins and features" article
> >>
( http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-PDE-Automation/autom ation.html)
> >> that describes how to build and test plug-ins.
> >>
> >> Since TPTP provides additional features like profiling, I would like to
> >> leverage TPTP to perform testing and profiling. Is it possible to
invoke
> >> TPTP tests and profiling from the command line? I can then schedule
them
> >> nightly using the Windows scheduler. I couldn't find any tutorials or
> > guides
> >> to do this in a non-interactive manner.
> >>
> >> I am trying to figure out if it is possible to use the TPTP framework
> >> from
> >> the command line or if I need to revert to following the "Build and
Test
> >> Automation for plug-ins and features" article.
> >>
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance.
> >> -Arvind
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
>
Previous Topic:Setting up a local site for Eclipse update
Next Topic:TRCAXMI FILE
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Nov 22 03:05:58 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01846 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software