Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Disabling automatic svn:mime-type text/plain
Disabling automatic svn:mime-type text/plain [message #36057] Sun, 19 October 2008 18:45
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: creckord.uni-kassel.de

Hi there,

It seems Subversive automatically adds a svn:mime-type property with value text/plain to all text files on commit. Is there some way to turn
this off?

My problem with it is that some tools that rely on the mime-type of a file to do their work (among them the pygments syntax coloring used in
Trac) seem to only try to figure out the correct content type for themselves if a mime-type is not already present. So, for example, with
text/plain already set, my source files are treated as plain-text files and e.g. not colored by Trac. (And from
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn-book.html#svn.adv anced.props.auto it sounds like default behaviour should be to only set
application/octet-stream if file is binary and no explicit mime-type is configured anyway)

I could of course configure mime-types for all my source file types with the automatic properties facility. However, given the amount of
file extensions to deal with, and their ever growing number, that would be very very bothersome.

Regards,
Carsten Reckord
Previous Topic:Decorator Symbols Question
Next Topic:Checkout data does not replace the local resources by the ones of the repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:32:12 GMT 2024