Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse 2024-03 Scout installed fine, but gives warning message on boot(Both 'org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.core' and 'org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.core' register a package for 'application.xmi')
Eclipse 2024-03 Scout installed fine, but gives warning message on boot [message #1864114] Sun, 17 March 2024 11:53 Go to next message
Jack McKalling is currently offline Jack McKallingFriend
Last week I tried to do a fresh install of 2023-12 Scout using the zip archive, but it kept giving the above warning message on boot (see topic description), along with many other errors in the Error Log, when trying to update the installed software. I was unable to get it fixed so today I figured I redownload the zip itself and start over.

Now it just happens that today's zip is the 2024-03 version, and it seems to install fine, no updates available anymore (so no errors there anymore). But I still get the above warning. Full Error Log entry:

eclipse.buildId=4.31.0.20240307-1200
java.version=17.0.10
java.vendor=Eclipse Adoptium
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=nl_NL
Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.scout.product
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.scout.product

org.eclipse.emf.ecore
Warning
Sun Mar 17 11:52:51 CET 2024
Both 'org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.core' and 'org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.core' register a package for 'application.xmi'

I don't know what this means in newcomer terms, how to fix it, or if I can safely ignore it. According to my googling skills it turns out halfway last year this warning was popping up already for some other problem description, and was supposedly fixed, but from my experience here it doesn't look that way (unless this is indeed a different problem that happens to cause the same warning).

What I do notice is that it mentions win32, but I don't understand why. I extracted the zip's files into my "C:\Program Files\Eclipse IDE" folder (so not into the "Program Files (x86)"), and I know I'm definitely using 64 bit OS according to my system info. Is it possible the zip is not 64bit? Took it from here:
https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/downloads/release/2024-03/R/eclipse-scout-2024-03-R-win32-x86_64.zip

Please help. I don't know how to fix any potential project corruption that resulted from the prior workspace state (caused by 2023-12), before this problem with Eclipse itself.
Re: Eclipse 2024-03 Scout installed fine, but gives warning message on boot [message #1864115 is a reply to message #1864114] Sun, 17 March 2024 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
You can't fix this. But there's no need to worry about it. I noticed this too and reported the problem here:

https://github.com/eclipse-jeetools/webtools.javaee/issues/5

You can see it mentions -arch x86_64 so it is a 64 bit architecture. The -os and -ws on Windows, regardless of the version and regardless of the bitness of the architecture is are always win32.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Eclipse 2024-03 Scout installed fine, but gives warning message on boot [message #1864116 is a reply to message #1864115] Sun, 17 March 2024 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, I see. Thanks so much. After so much messing with and failed attempts to fix my previous installation, I kind of went on a "have to fix every warning before I can continue" rogue, kind of in a rant. I'm glad this then isn't a part of that, and is essentially safe.
Re: Eclipse 2024-03 Scout installed fine, but gives warning message on boot [message #1864118 is a reply to message #1864116] Sun, 17 March 2024 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just tried to import my existing project back, and now I get this error again (this also happened before the reinstall):
eclipse.buildId=4.31.0.20240307-1200
java.version=17.0.10
java.vendor=Eclipse Adoptium
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=nl_NL
Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.scout.product
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.scout.product

org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core
Error
Sun Mar 17 15:14:48 CET 2024
Project facet jst.ejb has not been defined. It is used in plugin org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.
Re: Eclipse 2024-03 Scout installed fine, but gives warning message on boot [message #1864119 is a reply to message #1864118] Sun, 17 March 2024 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
In this email I made folks aware of that problem as well:

https://www.eclipse.org/lists/epp-dev/msg06876.html

I think probably something that should be installed is missing.

Maybe Nitin will see your email and have an idea. Or maybe you can ask here:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=174

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Eclipse 2024-03 Scout installed fine, but gives warning message on boot [message #1864121 is a reply to message #1864119] Sun, 17 March 2024 21:25 Go to previous message
Oh, so there is a specific forum for Scout. It's such an incredibly long list of forums, that I must have missed it when searching for words I recognized. I'll post there next time.
I did read through your email there, but I'm pretty sure I don't know anything about anything your wrote in there. I'll just accept that I can't help to resolve this error and that others are aware of it.

Anyway, there is more. Before I reinstalled, there were a massive amount of issues highlighted in the console and error log, but now that my install is clean(er) they come in one at a time.
The next problem I have been experiencing, is this output in my console everytime I rename a file of the project. In this case I created an interface called "IT", and tried to rename it to "IT2". It says the previous name doesn't exist anymore (obviously because it is renaming it):
2024-03-17 22:10:15.632 [WARNING] Unable to create java search scope
org.eclipse.scout.sdk.core.util.SdkException: 
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.util.JdtUtils.resolveJdtTypes(JdtUtils.java:241)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.util.JdtUtils.findAllTypesAnnotatedWith(JdtUtils.java:393)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.derived.DtoDerivedResourceHandlerFactory.lambda$findScopeCandidates$0(DtoDerivedResourceHandlerFactory.java:85)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$7$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:273)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.DistinctOps$1$2.accept(DistinctOps.java:174)
	at java.base/java.util.Spliterators$ArraySpliterator.forEachRemaining(Spliterators.java:992)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$Head.forEach(ReferencePipeline.java:762)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$7$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:276)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:197)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:197)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.SortedOps$SizedRefSortingSink.end(SortedOps.java:357)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.Sink$ChainedReference.end(Sink.java:258)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:510)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:499)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:150)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:173)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(ReferencePipeline.java:596)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.derived.DtoDerivedResourceHandlerFactory.findScopeCandidates(DtoDerivedResourceHandlerFactory.java:87)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.derived.DtoDerivedResourceHandlerFactory.createHandlersFor(DtoDerivedResourceHandlerFactory.java:42)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.derived.DerivedResourceManager.createOperations(DerivedResourceManager.java:201)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.derived.DerivedResourceManager.enqueueFiles(DerivedResourceManager.java:155)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.derived.DerivedResourceManager.triggerSync(DerivedResourceManager.java:138)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.derived.DerivedResourceManager$P_ResourceChangeEventCheckJob.execute(DerivedResourceManager.java:374)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.environment.AbstractJob.runInternal(AbstractJob.java:173)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.environment.AbstractJob.run(AbstractJob.java:140)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)
Caused by: Java Model Exception: Error in Java Model (code 969): IT.java [in gem.idetools.rcms.fields [in src [in GameEngineMagic]]] does not exist
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaElement.newJavaModelException(JavaElement.java:572)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.Openable.generateInfos(Openable.java:233)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaElement.openWhenClosed(JavaElement.java:585)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaElement.getElementInfo(JavaElement.java:308)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaElement.getElementInfo(JavaElement.java:294)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaElement.getChildren(JavaElement.java:249)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaElement.getChildrenOfType(JavaElement.java:263)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.CompilationUnit.getPackageDeclarations(CompilationUnit.java:888)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.search.BasicSearchEngine.searchAllTypeNames(BasicSearchEngine.java:1943)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.search.BasicSearchEngine.searchAllTypeNames(BasicSearchEngine.java:1748)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.core.search.SearchEngine.searchAllTypeNames(SearchEngine.java:1201)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.util.JdtUtils.resolveJdtTypes(JdtUtils.java:235)
	... 26 more

This one is actually bothering me, since it makes the console pop up each time, eventhough this output is not even rendered in red like the stderr. As if this stacktrace is just printed to the stdout. I have to admit that at one time I performed a test with the stdout and tried to assign it to a file, but I'm pretty sure I reverted that test and that it shouldn't be affecting my current workbench anymore.

I'm absolutely positive it didn't do this 3 years ago, when I was still using Neon I think? The version I had before 2023-12 from last week.
Previous Topic:Automate update classpath in eclipse neon2
Next Topic:Syntax Coloring not working in dark mode
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 15:41:10 GMT 2024