Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Assistance Needed: Error Initiating Contract Negotiation in Advanced EDC Setup
Assistance Needed: Error Initiating Contract Negotiation in Advanced EDC Setup [message #1863890] Mon, 04 March 2024 10:55 Go to next message
Nasibeh Mohammadzadeh is currently offline Nasibeh MohammadzadehFriend
Hello EDC Community,
I'm currently working on setting up and running an advanced Eclipse Dataspace Connector (EDC) process and have encountered some issues that I'm hoping to get some assistance with. Below is a detailed explanation of the steps I've taken, where I'm at now, and the specific issue I'm facing.
Steps Taken:
1. Starting Point: I began by setting up the Docker containers for the provider and consumer as per the instructions in the EDC documentation.
2. Registering Data Planes: I successfully registered data planes for both the provider and consumer using the provided JSON files and `curl` commands.
3. Creating an Asset and Policy:
- I created an asset using the `create-asset.json` file and received an asset ID in response.
- Subsequently, I created a policy using the `create-policy.json` file and received a policy ID.
4. Initiating Contract Negotiation:
- I attempted to initiate a contract negotiation by updating the `negotiate-contract.json` file with the actual asset ID and policy ID obtained from the previous steps.
- I used the `curl` command to send the negotiation request to the EDC.
Issue Encountered:
When attempting to initiate the contract negotiation, I received an error indicating that a mandatory object related to the policy is missing. Despite ensuring that the `negotiate-contract.json` file is correctly updated with the actual asset and policy IDs, the error persists. Here's the specific error message I encountered:
[
{
"message": "mandatory object 'policy' is missing",
"type": "ValidationFailure",
"path": "policy",
"invalidValue": null
}
]
I've double-checked the IDs and the structure of the `negotiate-contract.json` file, but the issue remains unresolved. I'm sure about the policy ID and asset ID, as they were correctly returned from the asset and policy creation steps.
I'm reaching out to see if anyone in the community has faced a similar issue or could provide insights into what might be going wrong. Any suggestions on how to resolve this error or guidance on steps I might have missed would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your time and help!
Re: Assistance Needed: Error Initiating Contract Negotiation in Advanced EDC Setup [message #1863899 is a reply to message #1863890] Mon, 04 March 2024 15:38 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It's probably better to ask here:

https://github.com/orgs/eclipse-edc/discussions

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Unable to run parallel debugger on remote server
Next Topic:Frequent UI Freeze, more than 20 Seconds
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 12:11:28 GMT 2024