Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Evaluating Metamodel Quality Metrics(How to calculate metamodel quality metrics using Eclipse Epsilon framework)
Evaluating Metamodel Quality Metrics [message #1863493] Tue, 06 February 2024 11:37 Go to next message
Ali Samanipour is currently offline Ali SamanipourFriend
Hi everyone,

I implemented my metamodels using EMF; now I want to evaluate some quality metrics such as the Maintainability, Understandably, Complexity, and Reusability metrics for each one of them. The aforementioned metrics are calculated based on some other simple metrics like the Number of MetaClasses, the Number of Total References, etc. ( you may see all of those metrics in this paper ((Bettini L. et al. (2019). "Quality-driven detection and resolution of metamodel smells." IEEE Access 7: 16364-16376).
Is there any example, documentation, or tutorial on calculating these metrics using Epsilon's languages?
Re: Evaluating Metamodel Quality Metrics [message #1863494 is a reply to message #1863493] Tue, 06 February 2024 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Ali,

Ecore metamodels (.ecore files) are regular EMF models and can be managed with Epsilon's languages like any other EMF model. I've pushed an example that shows how to query an Ecore metamodel using EOL, but let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Dimitris
Re: Evaluating Metamodel Quality Metrics [message #1863501 is a reply to message #1863494] Tue, 06 February 2024 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

There's also a Pinset example in Epsilon's repo that you could have a look at.

Thanks,
Dimitris
Re: Evaluating Metamodel Quality Metrics [message #1863699 is a reply to message #1863494] Wed, 21 February 2024 18:40 Go to previous message
Ali Samanipour is currently offline Ali SamanipourFriend
Thanks for clarification
Previous Topic:How to use Epsilon (EGX, EGL, EOL, EVL) programs for Runtime Eclipse Application?
Next Topic:Executing EGX headless without files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 07:55:45 GMT 2024