Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Launch Java Agent in Eclipse PDE(Get application launch configuration from LaunchShortcut and start instrumenting Java project to observe class, method, and variable)
Launch Java Agent in Eclipse PDE [message #1862915] Sat, 06 January 2024 04:47 Go to next message
Tan Jun Wen is currently offline Tan Jun WenFriend
I would like to implement an Interrogative debugger in Eclipse Plugin where Launch configuration will start a Java Agent Instrumentation by injecting method to observe current active class, method, and variable.

I am able to have a simple ILaunchShortcut but do not know how to launch Java project in the launch().

Besides that, I would like to invoke Java Agent instrumentation which I believe should be inside launch() of ILaunchShortcut.

After launch, I would like to have these features
- user can right click in package explorer for java file(class), classname in editor, method name, and variable name, to generate a Why did/Why didn't question in a Sample View.
- user can see the change of Why did/Why didn't question in sample view after interacting in GUI/console with an input.
Re: Launch Java Agent in Eclipse PDE [message #1863367 is a reply to message #1862915] Mon, 29 January 2024 16:18 Go to previous message
Tan Jun Wen is currently offline Tan Jun WenFriend
I've switched to E4 and had new challenge https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1863366/#msg_1863366
Previous Topic:Running debug launch produces white screen (macos)
Next Topic:touchpoint action when plugin updates
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:23:36 GMT 2024