Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Issue with downloading latest LTS from adoptium.net
Issue with downloading latest LTS from adoptium.net [message #1862731] Sat, 23 December 2023 22:16 Go to next message
Felix Schulte is currently offline Felix SchulteFriend
Hello, I have a problem with downloading the latest LTS on adoptium . net (I cannot include links but if you need to visit the page just remove the space) to my Macbook (MacOS 14.0). The issue is fairly straightforward to describe, everything works exactly as intended (or at least I believe so), I download the installer, open it, click continue, click continue again, accept the software licensing agreement, click install, confirm the installation with my fingerprint, wait a few seconds, then a sound chimes indicating the software was successfully installed, the installer now finally says:

This package has installed:
• Eclipse Temurin 21.0.1+12-LTS to /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/temurin-21.jdk

then I click close, my mac book asks me whether or not I want to keep the installation program I say no, and then I am supposed to be done. Everything seemingly worked out. The only issue is, Eclipse Temurin seems nowhere to be found. Searching through my Mac Finder it is just not there, no matter where I look. Is this a common issue? Am I just stupid and overlooking something obvious? Would greatly appreciate any help! If more information is needed to figure out what's going on here don't hesitate to ask me. Thank you all!
Re: Issue with downloading latest LTS from adoptium.net [message #1862733 is a reply to message #1862731] Sun, 24 December 2023 08:32 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
On the mac we run
/usr/libexec/java_home -X
to get a list of all the JRE/JDKs installed. It it it got properly installed, it should be in the list.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Eclipse installer oomph hangs / not responding on first step
Next Topic:Newb - Installation issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 15:11:10 GMT 2024