Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Efficient Strategies for Refactoring Large Codebases in Eclipse with Multiple Dependencies
Efficient Strategies for Refactoring Large Codebases in Eclipse with Multiple Dependencies [message #1862695] Thu, 21 December 2023 12:36
shajid payma is currently offline shajid paymaFriend
Hello Eclipse Community,

I am currently working on a substantial Java project in Eclipse, which has grown significantly in size and complexity over time. The project now encompasses a large codebase with numerous interdependent modules and external dependencies. As we aim to improve the code quality and maintainability, I am facing challenges in refactoring this extensive codebase.

I would greatly appreciate insights and advice on the following aspects.

One of the challenges I'm facing is understanding and managing the web of dependencies within the project. How can I efficiently track and update these dependencies during the refactoring process? Are there tools or plugins in Eclipse that can assist in visualizing and managing these dependencies to minimize the risk of breaking changes?

In Automated Refactoring; I am also interested in exploring automated refactoring options. Does Eclipse support any automated or semi-automated refactoring tools that can handle large codebases effectively? If so, how reliable are these tools in your experience, and what are their limitations?

Testing and Validation, Ensuring that refactoring does not introduce new bugs is crucial. What strategies or tools do you recommend for thorough testing and validation post-refactoring? How can I leverage Eclipse's capabilities to ensure that the functionality remains consistent throughout the refactoring process?
Previous Topic:Jetty with MQTT subscribe
Next Topic:Unable to load p2 metadata repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 15:57:07 GMT 2024