Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Maven is not downloading index repository in eclipse(Tried everything on google, still not working)
Maven is not downloading index repository in eclipse [message #1862413] Sun, 03 December 2023 13:57 Go to next message
YAN Mu is currently offline YAN MuFriend
I'm using eclipse EE for a maven project, but eclipse is not really downloading the maven index repository at startup and as a result I cannot search for any dependencies. I know I can manually type in my dependencies but it is very time-consuming and doesn't seems to be the right way. So far I've tried the following:
1. Checked the checkbox of 'download repository index updates on startup' and 'update maven project on startup'
2. I tried to rebuild +/- update index with the 'central' under global repository in maven repository view, but I do not have the option to do either
3. All the maven integration WTP and eclipse are up to date to the newest version
4. I've tried download maven on my computer and use it as external installation, still not downloading the index
5. I've uninstalled and re-installed Eclipse EE 3 times, still not working. Used the eclipse installer, not working
6. Tried to use maven integration WTP plugin in the Eclipse for java developer version, no difference
7. tried to use an earlier version of clipse (picked one version for each year in the past 3 years), same result
8. checked my internet connection a few times, I'm not using proxy and my firewall is not blocking anything related to eclipse, have full access to maven central and the online library
9. deleted the .m2 directory in C:\ and let eclipse created a new one, not working
10. created a few new maven project, same thing
11. checked the error log, nothing really related to maven index repositiry
So, as you can image I'm pretty desperate now and any input would be appreciated, thanks in advance guys :)
Re: Maven is not downloading index repository in eclipse [message #1862435 is a reply to message #1862413] Tue, 05 December 2023 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olivia Vath is currently offline Olivia VathFriend
Have you installed the latest version of Eclipse?

Re: Maven is not downloading index repository in eclipse [message #1862438 is a reply to message #1862435] Tue, 05 December 2023 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YAN Mu is currently offline YAN MuFriend
Yes the newest version of Sep 2023 is installed 3 times
Re: Maven is not downloading index repository in eclipse [message #1862442 is a reply to message #1862438] Tue, 05 December 2023 15:36 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Your question sounds likely related to Eclipse's maven integration as provided by the m2e project, so you are probably better to ask here:

https://github.com/eclipse-m2e/m2e-core/discussions

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Eclipse Search for Maven Dependencies not working
Next Topic:Setting up Eclipse with a LAN development server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 22:34:52 GMT 2024