Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse html tags bugs out(Eclipse bug)
Eclipse html tags bugs out [message #1862271] Tue, 21 November 2023 19:06 Go to next message
Hanyoung Kim is currently offline Hanyoung KimFriend
My eclipse is being weird and giving me errors like this in the following video. All i tried to do was write a tag like <fieldset> or <h1> but when I do, it doesn't automatically give me the closing tags and instead bugs out and does the following in the video. This has never happened before and I'm confused about what's happening. I even restarted my laptop and Eclipse multiple times but it still does the same thing. I tried changing the workspace too but that also doesn't work. This is happening to any new and old HTML files.

I recently downloaded Tomcat onto my workspace but I don't think this is the problem because it worked fine for a week after getting Tomcat.

Re: Eclipse html tags bugs out [message #1862273 is a reply to message #1862271] Tue, 21 November 2023 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

What are those Details offered by the Show Details dialog? Which version of Eclipse is this, and in which editor are you opening your HTML file?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Eclipse html tags bugs out [message #1862276 is a reply to message #1862273] Tue, 21 November 2023 21:34 Go to previous message
Hanyoung Kim is currently offline Hanyoung KimFriend
the errors are different every time but it usually gives :

"Index out of bounds"
or
"startLine (24) does not match endLine (25)"

because I try to delete the written tag or undo my writing by pressing command+Z

Eclipse Version is : 2023-06 (4.28.0)

and for the editor for HTML, it says generic text editor. I don't really know how Eclipse work because I'm just using it for a class.

Is there a way to reset some configuration or anything so it goes back to normal?
Previous Topic:Error during installation ABAP Development Tools + Modeling Tools
Next Topic:Cannot set JRE in Fedora
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 19:22:47 GMT 2024