Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Error during installation ABAP Development Tools + Modeling Tools
Error during installation ABAP Development Tools + Modeling Tools [message #1862244] Mon, 20 November 2023 12:33 Go to next message
Dorian Kovacs is currently offline Dorian KovacsFriend
Dear All,

I am facing an issue during the installation the packages in the SAP Hana Studio (via Help - "Install new software")

I already tried here more URL's (_tools.hana.ondemand.com/neon, /mars, /latest, 2023-09) but the errors are there.

First I would like to setup the ABAP Development Tools for SAP NetWeaver, but it cannot be done due to this error message:
Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
Software being installed: ABAP Core Development Tools (Developer Edition) 2.94.7 (com.sap.adt.core.devedition.feature.group 2.94.7)
Missing requirement: ABAP Core Development Tools (Developer Edition) 2.94.7 (com.sap.adt.core.devedition.feature.group 2.94.7) requires 'org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu; org.eclipse.mylyn.context_feature.feature.group [3.9.0,4.0.0)' but it could not be found

If I try to install the Modeling Tools for SAP BW/4HANA and SAP BW powered by SAP HANA package, I get that one:
Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
Software being installed: BW Open ODS View (Developer Edition) 1.18.23 (com.sap.bw.feature.fbp.devedition.feature.group 1.18.23)
Missing requirement: ABAP Core Development Tools (Developer Edition) 2.94.7 (com.sap.adt.core.devedition.feature.group 2.94.7) requires 'org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu; org.eclipse.mylyn.context_feature.feature.group [3.9.0,4.0.0)' but it could not be found
Cannot satisfy dependency:
From: BW Open ODS View (Developer Edition) 1.18.23 (com.sap.bw.feature.fbp.devedition.feature.group 1.18.23)
To: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu; com.sap.adt.core.devedition.feature.group 0.0.0

I am using windows 11 64-bit, Java 8 Update 211, SAP GUI 770 Patch Level 4.

Could you please help me, how can I fix that to use the SAP Hana Studio properly? Maybe is some element missing yet? I tried to do the same steps on a brand new win 11-laptop, the results were the same.
Re: Error during installation ABAP Development Tools + Modeling Tools [message #1862248 is a reply to message #1862244] Mon, 20 November 2023 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
ABAP is not an Eclipse project so you really will need to find an SAP forum to ask your questions.

Find the listing here:

https://marketplace.eclipse.org

And see if the Home button or the Help/? button has a link to a good place to ask questions.

Note that Mylyn renamed most of it's features in the 2023-09 release so that looks like the problem here that it expects to be installed in something older...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Error during installation ABAP Development Tools + Modeling Tools [message #1862259 is a reply to message #1862248] Tue, 21 November 2023 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorian Kovacs is currently offline Dorian KovacsFriend
After searching a lot in this topic I've found that 2 lines should be added in the hdbstudio.ini file:
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=NUL
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStoreType=Windows-ROOT

It might be useful info for others as well.
Re: Error during installation ABAP Development Tools + Modeling Tools [message #1862262 is a reply to message #1862259] Tue, 21 November 2023 11:48 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I see, yes, there have been discussions about adding that automatically on Windows:

https://github.com/eclipse-platform/eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator/pull/929

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Why does everyone hate Eclipse?
Next Topic:Eclipse html tags bugs out
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:38:39 GMT 2024