Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Unable to Access java.sql Package in JavaFX Project in Eclipse(I am encountering a problem in my JavaFX project within Eclipse where I am unable to access the java.sql package. This package is essential for database connectivity, and despite having correctly conf)
Unable to Access java.sql Package in JavaFX Project in Eclipse [message #1861354] Sat, 07 October 2023 08:00 Go to next message
Rafay Khan is currently offline Rafay KhanFriend
In my JavaFX project, I have taken the following steps:

Configured the module-info.java file to declare dependencies on JavaFX modules.
Added the MySQL Connector/J JAR file to the modulepath to establish a database connection.
However, when attempting to access the java.sql package in my project code, I am encountering an error that prevents me from using this essential package for database interactions. The issue persists even after multiple attempts to review and adjust project configurations.

I would appreciate guidance and support in diagnosing and resolving this issue. While the exact cause is not yet clear, I am experiencing difficulties in using the java.sql package for database connectivity.
Re: Unable to Access java.sql Package in JavaFX Project in Eclipse [message #1861372 is a reply to message #1861354] Mon, 09 October 2023 14:16 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Are you certain that the contents of that package are provided from that connector JAR? As in, have you literally looked in the jar file to be sure? Does it also take part in the module system correctly?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Im new to minecraft coding and I tried to open the game with run and this error poped up
Next Topic:moving from one computer to another
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:33:51 GMT 2024