Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Is it possible to merge Eclipse for Java Developers and Eclipse CDT into one Eclipse?(Installer)
Is it possible to merge Eclipse for Java Developers and Eclipse CDT into one Eclipse? [message #1861301] Wed, 04 October 2023 15:10 Go to next message
Jack Dodds is currently offline Jack DoddsFriend
I've been using an older Eclipse IDE for Java Developers 2020-12 (4.18.0) to develop Java and Python code on a Debian host. Now I want to add C/C++ development. I downloaded the Eclipse installer and used it to install Eclipse for Java Developers 2023-09 (4.29.0) and Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers 2023-09 (4.29.0). I specified the same workspace for both. But, this creates two different desktop icons which launch two different executables. In the Java Eclipse the File-New menu has A "Java Project" item and no "C/C++" item while the C/C++ Eclipse File-New-New Project item offers a "C/C++" item but no "Java" item. Preferably I would like to have one Ecliipse executable that would support both Java and C/C++ (Python too if it that con be done). Also I'm concerned that if I accidentally open a Java Project with the C/C++ Eclipse, or vice versa, I'll corrupt the project information.
Re: Is it possible to merge Eclipse for Java Developers and Eclipse CDT into one Eclipse? [message #1861312 is a reply to message #1861301] Thu, 05 October 2023 06:05 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Yes, using Help -> Install New Software you can install any of the features you see any any product/package/installation to any other. If you use Navigate -> Open Setup you will see your installed product at the end of that menu. If you open that and expand the tree, you will see a P2 Director task which a list of things that are installed in that product, and can see the other products and the things that would be installed for those other products...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:MacOS Installation: How to generailze?
Next Topic:Im new to minecraft coding and I tried to open the game with run and this error poped up
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 03:27:47 GMT 2024