Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Installation Manager: A tool to manage Eclipse Installations + Helping with a survey
Eclipse Installation Manager: A tool to manage Eclipse Installations + Helping with a survey [message #1861213] Fri, 29 September 2023 15:14 Go to next message
Alexander Schindler is currently offline Alexander SchindlerFriend
Hi there Eclipse Community,

I created a tool to manage Eclipse Installations which were done with the Eclipse Installer. It aims to provide a better overview over existing installations and workspaces and tries to help developers by allowing them to quickly start Eclipse Installations with specific workspaces or without one. Users can rename installations to personalize their appearance in the tool and quickly launch the Eclipse Installer from the app if needed.

As this is my bachelors thesis, I would greatly appreciate some volunteers which help me by being a participant in a small study. The study consists of a task list which should be done using the EIM and is followed by a short questionnaire ( approx 15 questions). The questions revolve around the usability and effectiveness of the tool and should not take more than 20-30 minutes in total. The only requirement is that you have used Eclipse and the Eclipse Installer.

As the study is design as a guided peer study, it would be necessary to be able to talk during the study in case any questions arise. I hope you consider it, as it would greatly help me with my Bachelors Thesis.

Best regards
Re: Eclipse Installation Manager: A tool to manage Eclipse Installations + Helping with a survey [message #1861570 is a reply to message #1861213] Thu, 19 October 2023 12:10 Go to previous message
David willson is currently offline David willsonFriend
I also had a similar issue with Eclipse and also was posted about the issue on forum, but unfortunately someone doesn't approved my post yet ):

Previous Topic:GEF installation error
Next Topic:Can't post message in PDE forum
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:41:35 GMT 2024