Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » 4diac FB testing(Run my own function block design on 4diac-IDE)
4diac FB testing [message #1861187] Wed, 27 September 2023 04:18 Go to next message
Stephen Wu is currently offline Stephen WuFriend
I'm currently building my own function blocks, and according to the tutorial guidelines, I exported my function blocks, wrote a Cmake file, and then used Cmake GUI to compile my function blocks into 4diac-FORTE, generated a project and built it. During all of this, no error occurred.

However, when I try to run my FORTE locally, it comes with the following error message:

INFO: T#638494902438: FORTE is up and running
INFO: T#638495060238: Using provided bootfile location set in CMake: forte.fboot
INFO: T#638495285938: Boot file forte.fboot could not be opened. Skipping...
INFO: T#638495320838: CWin32SocketInterface: Opening TCP-Server connection at: localhost:61499

I don't know about the forte. fboot file, I thought this file should be auto-generated when I build my FORTE environment?

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you very much
Re: 4diac FB testing [message #1861191 is a reply to message #1861187] Wed, 27 September 2023 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi

when you export your FBs and compile them to a new 4diac FORTE you only add these FBs to the typelibrary of your 4diac FORTE. In order to also use these FBs you need to model an application, distribute the application parts to devices and then deploy the to the devices. During deployment 4diac IDE will connect to your 4diac FORTE instances and dynamically create instances of your FBs and connections between them. This is done with out compilation. Please have a look on our tutorials on how to model applications. Unfortunately the deployment process is a bit outdated but I think you should get the main idea.

If you have an application that you would like to run everytime 4diac FORTE starts you need to create a 4diac FORTE boot file. How this is done is also described in our documentation.

BR,
Alois
Re: 4diac FB testing [message #1861240 is a reply to message #1861191] Mon, 02 October 2023 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephen Wu is currently offline Stephen WuFriend
Thank you.

Actually, I have created an application and mapped my FBS to my system configuration.

Here is my screenshot.

I have created the boot file and renamed it as forte. fboot.

And then I have placed the forte.fboot file into my new forte environment's CMakefile. But when I run my 4diac-Forte locally in port 61499, it gives me the same error message ( forte.fboot cannot be opened... something like this)

Just wondering, is this because I put my forte.fboot into the wrong folder?

Re: 4diac FB testing [message #1862436 is a reply to message #1861240] Tue, 05 December 2023 10:39 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Sorry for the late reply. I somehow missed your message. The boot file needs to be in the same directory where 4diac FORTE is executed in. This may not be the directory where your 4diac FORTE is located.
Previous Topic:4DIAC Testing Problem
Next Topic:Build NXP Gpios
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 11:05:17 GMT 2024