Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Creating multiple views for an element
Creating multiple views for an element [message #1860729] Wed, 30 August 2023 09:14 Go to next message
Lukas-Angelo Meier is currently offline Lukas-Angelo MeierFriend
I have a TrustBoundary element which is graphically represented by 2 nodes (trustBoundaryStart and trustBoundaryFinish) and an edge connecting these. All three representations reference the same node.
This works well when creating a diagram, however i want to have a tool which can create the TrustBoundary element and the two nodes and one edge representing it all in one tool.

I tried to create a tool where i create an instance, then two views and then an edge view, however so far i could not see any elements in the diagram.

Is there a way to solve this? Maybe even programmatically with an External Java Action?

Many Thanks in advance
Re: Creating multiple views for an element [message #1860736 is a reply to message #1860729] Wed, 30 August 2023 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Redor is currently offline Laurent RedorFriend
Hi,
I'm not sure to understand. If the diagram is not synchronized, you can probably use "CreateView" and "CreateEdgeView" operations in your tool. But if your diagram is synchronized, there is in theory nothing to do.

I have attached an example of a synchronized diagram where the "Specific pattern" tool only creates a semantic element and 3 graphical objects are created. Can you complete this sample to reflect your case ?

Regards,

Laurent

Laurent Redor - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Creating multiple views for an element [message #1861211 is a reply to message #1860736] Fri, 29 September 2023 10:16 Go to previous message
Lukas-Angelo Meier is currently offline Lukas-Angelo MeierFriend
Hi Laurent,

sorry for the late reply.

Thank you for your example, that was more or less what i needed.
It turns out i falsely set the Reference Name and after fixing that everything worked as it should.
Previous Topic:Java Service
Next Topic:Viewpoint Selection is empty
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 17:15:42 GMT 2024