Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Error when building separately the client module: missing artefact helloscout-root:pom
Error when building separately the client module: missing artefact helloscout-root:pom [message #1860340] Mon, 31 July 2023 09:49 Go to next message
Michel R is currently offline Michel RFriend
Hello

I cannot build separately some modules, such as client or server.
The shared module works though.

Here is what I did:
- create a new 'helloscout' project
- change the Java version to 11 because that's what I'll have on the installation server, in the main pom.xml (artifact helloscout) :
  <jdk.source.version>11</jdk.source.version>
  <compiler.release>11</compiler.release>

- build the whole project:
cd helloscout
mvn clean install

- try to rebuild the client module:
cd ../helloscout.client
mvn install

It gives an error, the root pom is missing:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project helloscout.client: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.eclipse.scout.apps:helloscout.client:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Failed to collect dependencies at org.eclipse.scout.apps:helloscout.shared:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.eclipse.scout.apps:helloscout.shared:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact org.eclipse.scout.apps:helloscout-root:pom:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT in central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)

If I build with the -o option to have maven offline, I get:
ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project helloscout.client: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.eclipse.scout.apps:helloscout.client:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Failed to collect dependencies at org.eclipse.scout.apps:helloscout.shared:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.eclipse.scout.apps:helloscout.shared:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Cannot access central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) in offline mode and the artifact org.eclipse.scout.apps:helloscout-root:pom:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT has not been downloaded from it before.

And with -U I see that he tries to download it... :
Downloading from central: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/eclipse/scout/apps/helloscout-root/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/helloscout-root-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.pom

But of course it fails.
Indeed there is no pom in the helloscout-root repository.
$ ls -l helloscout-root/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/
total 4
-rw-r--r--. 1 xxxxx xxxxx 278 31 juil. 11:38 helloscout-root-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.pom.lastUpdated
-rw-r--r--. 1 xxxxx xxxxx 246 31 juil. 11:38 resolver-status.properties

But if I build helloscout.shared, it works. The problems are for the other modules.

I tried to change the root pom with :
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
        <artifactId>maven-install-plugin</artifactId>
        <inherited>false</inherited>
        <configuration>
          <skip>false</skip>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

so that the pom will be installed, then I built from the root, then again from the helloscout (main module), and now rebuilding only the client module works.

My version of Maven is 3.6.3 and Java is Java 11 as already said.

Is it a bug ? What else could I do ?

Thank you
Re: Error when building separately the client module: missing artefact helloscout-root:pom [message #1860902 is a reply to message #1860340] Thu, 07 September 2023 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beat Schwarzentrub is currently offline Beat SchwarzentrubFriend
Michel R wrote on Mon, 31 July 2023 09:49
I cannot build separately some modules, such as client or server.

What exactly are you trying to achieve? I think the helloworld example is intended to be built from the root module. This will automatically build all other modules in the correct order and collect the individual JAR files into a WAR file.

Regards,
Beat
Re: Error when building separately the client module: missing artefact helloscout-root:pom [message #1861199 is a reply to message #1860902] Thu, 28 September 2023 19:37 Go to previous message
Michel R is currently offline Michel RFriend
This doesn't help much. It was just an example out-of-the-box to avoid any side-effect of my application, because actually I use Scout to build real applications, not just the hello one. And then when i just change a line in the server module (for example), I don't want to build it all to test the change. So I build only server and server.app.war.

Fortunately I can answer. I forgot but I already got this issue. Actually there is a strange behaviour when building from the root module, one must rather build the module with the name of the application.

<application> <== root module
   <application>   <== build all from here.
   <application.client>
   ... etc.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 September 2023 19:39]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Image blocked from loading - CSP configuration parameters not taken into account ?
Next Topic:Google Chrome High CPU
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 19:50:39 GMT 2024