Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Location of all the eclipse example Jars?
Location of all the eclipse example Jars? [message #1860176] Thu, 20 July 2023 19:09 Go to next message
mike sweger is currently offline mike swegerFriend
I have the latest eclipse v4.28 (6/2023) installed.
I'm looking at the help files on the various packaged jars and they at times specify an "example".
Can you provide a link to all the example code jar files that the help files specify? I.e. swt, genericeditor and alot of others.

Hopefully, every example jar file is in one download location and not scattered everywhere.
Can this link be provided easily so that if one searches for "example" on eclipse website, that it will appear for a given version?
Also is there a jar location for all the "isv" files that apply to a given eclipse version? In my case, v4.28?

Thanks

PS: can you change the wording from "Create Topic" to "Post Topic"? The word create assumes I need to create a topic although I've already created one with content thatI want to Post for help?.

[Updated on: Thu, 20 July 2023 19:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Location of all the eclipse example Jars? [message #1860192 is a reply to message #1860176] Fri, 21 July 2023 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
If you've installed any of the Eclipse packages, you can use Navigate -> Open Discovered Type... to find any Java class in the Git repository of any Eclipse-hosted project.

What might also be of interesting is to create an IDE where all the source repository of the Eclipse SDK are cloned and checked out as workspace projects so you can search the source for anything of interest:

https://github.com/eclipse-platform/.github/blob/main/CONTRIBUTING.md#creating-an-eclipse-development-environment

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Location of all the eclipse example Jars? [message #1860407 is a reply to message #1860192] Thu, 03 August 2023 12:59 Go to previous message
Connor Evans is currently offline Connor EvansFriend
I totally get what you're saying about the example code jars in Eclipse. It'd be super handy if all those were bundled together in one download spot. As for the "isv" files, haven't come across a centralized location for those either.

Also, I feel you on the "Create Topic" thing "Post Topic" does make more sense. Hope they consider the tweak!

Cheers!
Previous Topic:Project is not executable
Next Topic:Auto "updater " saver ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 23:35:53 GMT 2024