Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » BeagleBone Black Industrial(Can 4DIAC run on BeagleBone Black Industrial?)
BeagleBone Black Industrial [message #1859951] Thu, 06 July 2023 16:11 Go to next message
Han Nguyen Thanh Tuyet is currently offline Han Nguyen Thanh TuyetFriend
Does BBB Industrial different from BBB? Can I build and run Forte on BBB Industrial just like running on BBB?
Re: BeagleBone Black Industrial [message #1859959 is a reply to message #1859951] Thu, 06 July 2023 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

I never heard of BBB Industrial but I googled a bit and what I read is that the only difference is that the BBB Industrial has a wider temperature range. But as long as it is arm I don't think you have problems with 4diac FORTE. I was able to build 4diac FORTE arm linux versions which ran on RaspberryPI and Linux a like.
Re: BeagleBone Black Industrial [message #1859964 is a reply to message #1859959] Fri, 07 July 2023 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Han Nguyen Thanh Tuyet is currently offline Han Nguyen Thanh TuyetFriend
When I build and run forte on BBB Industrial, It reported errors like this. I configured cross-compiling for RPI in this link https://eclipse.dev/4diac/en_help.php?helppage=html/installation/raspi.html . What could be the problem and how should I fix it?

debian@beaglebone:~$ cd /home/debian/Documents/FORTE/01_build_linux/src/
debian@beaglebone:~/Documents/FORTE/01_build_linux/src$ chmod +x forte
debian@beaglebone:~/Documents/FORTE/01_build_linux/src$ ./forte
./forte: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by ./forte)
./forte: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.34' not found (required by ./forte)
debian@beaglebone:~/Documents/FORTE/01_build_linux/src$

PS: I also update gcc and g++ till latest version for debian 10.3 (the latest version for BBB Industrial)

[Updated on: Fri, 07 July 2023 06:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: BeagleBone Black Industrial [message #1859965 is a reply to message #1859964] Fri, 07 July 2023 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

It seems that the libc you are using for building is not matching the libc on your BBB Industrial. Did BBB Industrial provide you with some cross compiling toolchain? Because the versions you use for compiling and running should match. For starting you could try compiling your 4diac FORTE on the BBB. But the BBB performance is medium so this could take some time.
Re: BeagleBone Black Industrial [message #1863628 is a reply to message #1859964] Sat, 17 February 2024 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ketut Kumajaya is currently offline Ketut KumajayaFriend
Han Nguyen Thanh Tuyet wrote on Fri, 07 July 2023 06:35
When I build and run forte on BBB Industrial, It reported errors like this. I configured cross-compiling for RPI in this link https://eclipse.dev/4diac/en_help.php?helppage=html/installation/raspi.html . What could be the problem and how should I fix it?

debian@beaglebone:~$ cd /home/debian/Documents/FORTE/01_build_linux/src/
debian@beaglebone:~/Documents/FORTE/01_build_linux/src$ chmod +x forte
debian@beaglebone:~/Documents/FORTE/01_build_linux/src$ ./forte
./forte: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by ./forte)
./forte: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.34' not found (required by ./forte)
debian@beaglebone:~/Documents/FORTE/01_build_linux/src$

PS: I also update gcc and g++ till latest version for debian 10.3 (the latest version for BBB Industrial)

For more portable binary, you can try build FORTE for your device target using musl or uclibc C library but uclibc need a dirty hack to make FORTE compiled successfully. You can download the toolchain from https://toolchains.bootlin.com, select the stable version. Apply attached patch and add "-DMUSL=ON" to cmake.
Re: BeagleBone Black Industrial [message #1863630 is a reply to message #1863628] Sat, 17 February 2024 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

@ Ketut Kumajay: I haven't announced it to broadly as not all processes are fully in place but we have migrated 4diac FORTE to github in the last days: https://github.com/eclipse-4diac/4diac-forte

I would be grateful if you could submit your patches there as PR.
Re: BeagleBone Black Industrial [message #1863631 is a reply to message #1863630] Sat, 17 February 2024 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl wrote on Sat, 17 February 2024 08:39
@ Ketut Kumajay: I haven't announced it to broadly as not all processes are fully in place but we have migrated 4diac FORTE to github in the last days: https://github.com/eclipse-4diac/4diac-forte

A great news Prof, I will.
Re: BeagleBone Black Industrial [message #1863646 is a reply to message #1863631] Sun, 18 February 2024 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ketut Kumajaya wrote on Sat, 17 February 2024 11:04
Alois Zoitl wrote on Sat, 17 February 2024 08:39

A great news Prof, I will.

Done! Not sure proper fix for FORTE but I will try my best to contribute back to this project.
Re: BeagleBone Black Industrial [message #1863659 is a reply to message #1863646] Mon, 19 February 2024 14:12 Go to previous message

Quote:
Done! Not sure proper fix for FORTE but I will try my best to contribute back to this project.

Thanks a lot. Please give us some time for reviewing. We still have not all CI checks in place and some of your PRs I would love to see a CI check first.
Previous Topic:How to create IEC 61131-3 callable function in 4diac?
Next Topic:Documentation - Internal FB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:41:52 GMT 2024