Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Where can I find the server editor to edit a port?(Failure to connect sample database to derby client in eclipse 2023-03)
Where can I find the server editor to edit a port? [message #1859881] Tue, 04 July 2023 01:06 Go to next message
David Godis-Tei is currently offline David Godis-TeiFriend
I have successfully configured the Driver Definition on Derby Client and JDBC 10.2. I have installed Apache Tomcat 9.0.71.

I have also created a sample database via Database Connection. When I tried to connect to the Derby Client it failed and gave me the following error messages

"Creating Connections to sample has encountered a problem"
Details:-
"Could not connect to Sample.
Error creating SQL Model Connection connection to Sample. (Error: java.net.ConnectException : Error connecting to server localhost on port 1527 with message Connection refused: connect.)
java.net.ConnectException : Error connecting to server localhost on port 1527 with message Connection refused: connect.
Error creating JDBC Connection connection to Sample. (Error: java.net.ConnectException : Error connecting to server localhost on port 1527 with message Connection refused: connect.)
java.net.ConnectException : Error connecting to server localhost on port 1527 with message Connection refused: connect."

I will appreciate a help to fix my problem, and also to locate the server editor in order to edit the port for successful server connection in eclipse 2023-03
Thanks

[Updated on: Tue, 04 July 2023 01:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Where can I find the server editor to edit a port? [message #1859882 is a reply to message #1859881] Tue, 04 July 2023 03:38 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

It sounds more like you are trying to connect to Derby as a client, in which case how did you start a Derby server? What is the right port number?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Tue, 04 July 2023 15:12]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:TFS Plugin on OSX
Next Topic:Problem adding new running config
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 00:29:55 GMT 2024