Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Opening Eclipse -consistenci ? (Eclipse )
Opening Eclipse -consistenci ? [message #1859707] Fri, 23 June 2023 02:56 Go to next message
Anne Ranch is currently offline Anne RanchFriend
I am having an issue with consistently opening Eclipse Python code.
I have installed 2022-12 and selected WORKSPACE with option - "always open this workspace
and do not ask again".

The attached screenshot WORKSPACE (title) does not resemble anything I did optioned / selected.

I did managed to open "main.py" ( module ?) and after reboot it shows up, however, I cannot figure out how to actually see the rest of the Python code (modules ?) and I hesitate to call it "project" because there is no "project" file in Python - as far as I can tell.

The objects / questions of this post are :
How do I verify actual WORKSPACE (in use ) ?
How do I "open" such WORKSPACE , open / show all Python modules ( list ?) and be able to "save " it so it can be opened "automatically" after next reboot?

Re: Opening Eclipse -consistenci ? [message #1859713 is a reply to message #1859707] Fri, 23 June 2023 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
You can use Window -> Preferences -> General -> Workspace and use Show workspace name to git your workspace a label that's show in the title. There's also Show full workspace path but I don't personally like to see so much detail all the time...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Opening Eclipse -consistenci ? [message #1859730 is a reply to message #1859713] Fri, 23 June 2023 15:03 Go to previous message
Anne Ranch is currently offline Anne RanchFriend
Thanks for the reply.
I just realized my dilemma - I have running (Python) application on my system, I have a git clone of same application , but I forgot to keep track where it is and then I have "plain" Eclipse workspace.

When I do "Import" AKA clone I build an "Eclipse project" and it has its own folder...not related to workspace folder ....

Basically
I need to keep track of all of these and figure out "who is on first" when I reboot...
Previous Topic:Delete account
Next Topic:Question: How to Uninstall "Eclipse IDE for Java Developers" Software?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:19:23 GMT 2024