Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Line is commented out - what font to change ?(Change font size )
Line is commented out - what font to change ? [message #1859670] Wed, 21 June 2023 23:07 Go to next message
Anne Ranch is currently offline Anne RanchFriend
I painted myself into a corer - I did commented out a file line text and now it is very hard to see it
to get it back.

I know how and where to change fonts, but I do not know WHAT font to change.

When the line is commented out it is "grayed" and hard to see .

It is file editing when the line is commented out.

Re: Line is commented out - what font to change ? [message #1859671 is a reply to message #1859670] Thu, 22 June 2023 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

This isn't a font-related issue; within the Eclipse UI it's usually referred to as "syntax coloring", and often the editor has either a preference page
explicitly to let you control that (with "syntax coloring" in the name of the page), or a theming engine controllable from the editor's own context
menu.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Thu, 22 June 2023 05:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Line is commented out - what font to change ? [message #1859674 is a reply to message #1859671] Thu, 22 June 2023 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kabiru Usman is currently offline Kabiru UsmanFriend
It sounds like you're trying to adjust the color of your commented out lines in Eclipse, not the font. This can be done through 'syntax coloring'. Here's how:

1. Go to Window -> Preferences
2. Expand the 'Java' option and click on 'Editor'
3. Under 'Editor', you'll find 'Syntax Coloring'
4. Expand 'Java' under 'Syntax Coloring', and you'll see a 'Comments' section
5. Click on 'Single-line comments' or 'Multi-line comments', and adjust the color to your liking.

Hope this helps you out!
Re: Line is commented out - what font to change ? [message #1859680 is a reply to message #1859674] Thu, 22 June 2023 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I suspect from the picture that it's not Java that's involved. Probably Python based on previous posts. In any case, similar instructions will apply for the editor actually being used...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Line is commented out - what font to change ? [message #1859687 is a reply to message #1859674] Thu, 22 June 2023 14:08 Go to previous message
Anne Ranch is currently offline Anne RanchFriend
Thanks - however, found it here
The correct way is to do "search" ( I guess coders never heard of "tooltips" ) but still need to have an idea what to search for ....

SOLVED
Previous Topic:Changing Eclipse editor font challenge
Next Topic:Delete account
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 20:43:07 GMT 2024