Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » "open the debug view" (Debugging )
"open the debug view" [message #1859669] Wed, 21 June 2023 19:24 Go to next message
Anne Ranch is currently offline Anne RanchFriend
As the message says, for the interactive console in debug mode, you need to have a frame selected -- this is the stack frame on the debug view (so, open the debug view and select the frame on which the commands you execute should be evaluated).

Excuse my ignorance - the above calls l for " open the debug view "
When I do "Run->Run" there is no "debug " nowhere.

Are they referring to "Debug" tab as "view " ?

how do I " open the debug view " ?

In 2022-12 ?

PS
I will not ask how did I get into " interactive" (console mode ?) whatever the term is for.

Update
I can get "Debug" view, still not sure how to consistently get into "interactive console ".

[Updated on: Wed, 21 June 2023 20:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: "open the debug view" [message #1859774 is a reply to message #1859669] Mon, 26 June 2023 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Again, this seems like something specific to PyDev. https://www.pydev.org/manual_adv_interactive_console.html#starting-the-interactive-console

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: "open the debug view" [message #1859775 is a reply to message #1859774] Mon, 26 June 2023 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anne Ranch is currently offline Anne RanchFriend
I have taken a break from coding... Unfortunately I am back to " how to make this consistent / repeatable"....
I am currently running the cloned Python code and cannot get it back to run it in debug mode.
Ever since I got it running I always had "console" however I have not found any specific documentation about it
I am trying to stay on one problem at a time, but it is not easy , I am actually convinced that Eclipse and Python do not work well together - but I am repeating myself...

O really believe that there should be a simple and ONLY ONE way to "clone and debug " Python code in Eclipse , there are multiple paths to accomplish same
and NONE of them works repeatably.

I'll take a look at the link, but at this time I need to "put Eclipse BACK into debug Python code using breakpoints" .

Re: "open the debug view" [message #1860384 is a reply to message #1859775] Wed, 02 August 2023 13:09 Go to previous message
Connor Evans is currently offline Connor EvansFriend
Don't worry, it can be a bit confusing. Yeah, they're talking about the "Debug" tab, and it's kinda like a "view." To open the Debug view, go to "Window" > "Show View" > "Debug."

For the "interactive console," while debugging, you'll find it in the Debug perspective, usually at the bottom. If you can't see it, try dragging the tabs around a bit.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 August 2023 12:41]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Where to ask questions about the XML Editor?
Next Topic:Failed to execute MI command
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 04:03:04 GMT 2024