Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Initial "Run" response(Run response )
Initial "Run" response [message #1859659] Wed, 21 June 2023 15:30 Go to next message
Anne Ranch is currently offline Anne RanchFriend
I would like to know why the initial (menu) "Run" - Run produced "DEBUG " messages and subsequent usage of the same did not output same "DEBUG" messages.

None of the responses to initial "Run"-> "Run" indicate what (configuration) is actually running - plain run or debug run.

Correction:
I all shows under "Debug" tab.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 June 2023 15:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Initial "Run" response [message #1859660 is a reply to message #1859659] Wed, 21 June 2023 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

You should regularly be giving considerably more context than that, but:
1) "Debug", compared to "Run", means that you're enabling support for line-by-line stepping and the use of breakpoints, etc., nothing more. It shouldn't/doesn't directly affect program behavior and output like this.
2) Python tools aren't provided from eclipse.org, so there may be a better place to ask questions about PyDev and python development than this forum.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Wed, 21 June 2023 16:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Initial "Run" response [message #1859667 is a reply to message #1859660] Wed, 21 June 2023 18:46 Go to previous message
Anne Ranch is currently offline Anne RanchFriend
Nitin Dahyabhai wrote on Wed, 21 June 2023 16:24
You should regularly be giving considerably more context than that, but:
1) "Debug", compared to "Run", means that you're enabling support for line-by-line stepping and the use of breakpoints, etc., nothing more. It shouldn't/doesn't directly affect program behavior and output like this.

I am not asking for lecture about debugging.
I am trying to replicate certain process and it would help to have answers to some specific questions. If that is not in your area of expertise it is fine not to reply.

2) Python tools aren't provided from eclipse.org, so there may be a better place to ask questions about PyDev and python development than this forum.

Incorrect assumption / opinion.
There are plenty of Python tools in Eclipse and in general they do work just fine. However I am facing two issues - my ignorance of Python and lack of my knowledge "how to " process AFTER Python code is cloned into Eclipse.

The application I am debugging is actually Python code with QT (C/C++) GUI .
All I am looking for now is being able to consistently replicate my debugging process.
I am slowly getting there , but I sure could use some occasional real help, not just opinions.

Thanks for understanding .

Previous Topic:Can't install StatET
Next Topic:Changing Eclipse editor font challenge
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 01:18:10 GMT 2024