Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Microsoft DLL being loaded when launching our app
Microsoft DLL being loaded when launching our app [message #1859437] Wed, 07 June 2023 18:41 Go to next message
Jonathan Menzies is currently offline Jonathan MenziesFriend
Hey there,

We have an RCP application built on Eclipse. When launching it, the Microsoft cognitive services dll is loaded on the user's computer under appdata.

"appdata\local\microsoft\edge\user data\speech recognition\1.15.0.1\microsoft.cognitiveservices.speech.core.dll"

I can't find any reference to this in our dependencies and have had no luck searching for anything that uses it around Eclipse. On a fresh user account, it's not there until we load our app for the first time.

Anyone have any idea why this is getting loaded or from where?

Cheers
Jonathan
Re: Microsoft DLL being loaded when launching our app [message #1859443 is a reply to message #1859437] Thu, 08 June 2023 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I found this:

appdata\local\microsoft\edge\user data\speech recognition\1.15.0.1\microsoft.cognitiveservices.speech.core.dll

Is your application using the Edge browser? If you delete this file, does it come back?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Microsoft DLL being loaded when launching our app [message #1859453 is a reply to message #1859443] Thu, 08 June 2023 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonathan Menzies is currently offline Jonathan MenziesFriend
Hey Ed,

Thanks for the response. If I delete the file it does not come back when I re launch the application, if I delete the folder it does come back on re launch. However if I delete the file and then open something in the browser then it will delete the folder and then comes back when I re launch the application.

The file seems to show up as soon as I create a project in our application. We don't specifically use the Edge browser, we do have one html that picks the default system browser when you go to open it. Though this dll shows up without that code being activated.
Re: Microsoft DLL being loaded when launching our app [message #1859484 is a reply to message #1859453] Sat, 10 June 2023 06:01 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I too see such a file that's dated 09.03.2022 03:00 but I think you'll need to find out from Microsoft why Edge needs/puts such a file there. It seems questionable for sure.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Launching Help from RCP application on macOS
Next Topic:Drag and drop of views fails in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:15:47 GMT 2024