Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Porting Forte.(Problem with porting Forte to new controller.)
Porting Forte. [message #1859281] Fri, 26 May 2023 08:30 Go to next message
Vadim RTV is currently offline Vadim RTVFriend
Hi!

I'm porting Forte to my controller, what happened:

1. In the documentation, I did not find a clear method of porting to another controller.
2. How the prototype took odroid, copied it to another directory and made changes to the odroid files:
replaced "Odroid" with "Buran" (new directory) in them. Didn't work, gave compilation errors, tried the original odroid without changes - also errors.
3. How the prototype was taken by Raspberrypi-SPS, copied to the new Buran directory, I did not make any changes to the files of SPS (their structure is different than for odroid).
When compiling the error duplicate name. As I understood, although in cmake-gui I turned off raspberry-sps, included only the added buran, all controllers are compiled anyway.
As I understand in the controllers already included in Forte, this problem is bypassed due to the fact that that the input/output in each controller is implemented differently, with different subroutines and etc.
Then I changed the names of subroutines in the raspberry_sps directory in the files, etc., compilation OK.
4. I began to add FB IO to the project and did not find I/O modules for raspberry-sps in the type library, by selection it worked with embrick modules. IDE+Forte on my test controller project with FB input/output (imitated counters in processinterface.cpp) earned.

Please clarify how to properly port Forte & IDE to a new controller?
Re: Porting Forte. [message #1859300 is a reply to message #1859281] Mon, 29 May 2023 11:54 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

unfortunately there is no straight forward answer to this. It depends a lot on the structure of your controller and you IO interface. I think one of the best references examples is now the IO system of the modular implementation of the Wago K-Bus IO implementation.
Previous Topic:Failed to build 4Diac IDE
Next Topic:4diac used in Production systems?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 15:01:15 GMT 2024