Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Refactor Deprecated ('classic') search APIs(search APIs)
Refactor Deprecated ('classic') search APIs [message #1858959] Wed, 03 May 2023 11:34 Go to next message
James Poli is currently offline James PoliFriend
Hello,
I'm upgrading our Eclipse plug-ins from 2021-09 to 2023-03. I've noticed several deprecated APIs related to the search dialog and result view. I inherited this and need more context on how it works. Is there a tutorial or existing code in the platform I can review that has transitioned to the new search APIs?
Any insight is appreciated.
Regards, Jim
Re: Refactor Deprecated ('classic') search APIs [message #1858973 is a reply to message #1858959] Wed, 03 May 2023 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Sorry, I doubt such a thing exists, and I don't know of one... You might set up a development environment with all the Platform's source code and look how it works there and how other things use that framework there:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Platform_SDK_Provisioning

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Refactor Deprecated ('classic') search APIs [message #1858990 is a reply to message #1858973] Thu, 04 May 2023 12:04 Go to previous message
James Poli is currently offline James PoliFriend
Thanks, Ed; I'll look at the link you provided. I did find this link which may be enough for me:
Code & Me: A custom search provider (codeandme.blogspot.com)
Previous Topic:What is "PartRenderingEngine's limbo"?
Next Topic:Hiding/Preventing editor popup menu items
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 05:02:23 GMT 2024