Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Problem with Step 1 Use 4diac Locally (Blinking Tutorial).
Problem with Step 1 Use 4diac Locally (Blinking Tutorial). [message #1858886] Fri, 28 April 2023 09:22 Go to next message
Vadim RTV is currently offline Vadim RTVFriend
Hi!
I downloaded the latest versions of the 4diac ide & forte for Windows from site.
I'm try from Help 4diac ide "Step 1 Use 4diac Locally (Blinking Tutorial)"
Trouble:
1. When placed E_SWITCH&E_SR their G &Q inputs/outputs remain gray, not blue as in help. For E_CICLE - DT blue, OK.
2. I can't fulfill the item "2. Change to the Deployment Perspective using the button" - there is no such button at the top-right, there is only Search, Open perspective, System.

Please tell me how to solve these problems.

Re: Problem with Step 1 Use 4diac Locally (Blinking Tutorial). [message #1858906 is a reply to message #1858886] Sat, 29 April 2023 19:39 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

I'm sorry that our tutorials are not up to date. We are in a transition phase and were not able to keep our tutorials up to date. Any support here would be greatly appreciated.

Regarding your issues:

ad 1) in one of the last versions we allowed that certain data types have own colors. This can help users to better identify what is going on. So that you see the boolean pins in a grey style is perfectly fine. If you would like to change these colors there is a dedicated preference page for that.

ad 2) the deployment perspective was removed as it didn't add any value. For launching 4diac FORTEs you can use the simulated device manager. Deploying works by selecting the element to deploy (e.g., system, device resource) and in the context menu select the deploy menue entry.

If you would like to provide us with new screenshots or update text. The tutorials are part of the 4diac IDE source code. There you can find html files with them. As said any support on this topic would be amazing.

Cheers,
Alois
Previous Topic: INTO-CPS tool
Next Topic:Can't execute the function block i create
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 14:10:29 GMT 2024