Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Delegating to EOL from EMF(Feature request for delegation extension points)
Delegating to EOL from EMF [message #1857753] Fri, 24 February 2023 06:16 Go to next message
Jörn Guy Süß is currently offline Jörn Guy SüßFriend

I have recently come across the enjoyable support for delegates and their OCL implementations. I was wondering if Epsilon is considering to implement or accepting submissions for any or all of the below delegates, as outlined here.

org.eclipse.emf.ecore

• annotation_validator
  • x_delegate

• conversion
    • invocation
    • query
    • setting
    • validation

I am attaching an emfatic example that shows how nicely this integrates. This shows converting dates from Strings using the excellent DateConversionDelegate and a validation using OCL based on an R&D tax metamodel. - I know what an exciting application area.
  • Attachment: rdti.emf
    (Size: 2.37KB, Downloaded 42 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 24 February 2023 06:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Delegating to EOL from EMF [message #1857765 is a reply to message #1857753] Fri, 24 February 2023 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

I wasn't aware of this feature of EMF but I can see how EOL could be supported in a very similar way to OCL. We would definitely consider such a contribution.

Thanks,
Dimitris
Re: Delegating to EOL from EMF [message #1857771 is a reply to message #1857765] Fri, 24 February 2023 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Horacio Hoyos is currently offline Horacio HoyosFriend

I have been working with these annotations recently and was wondering where did you find the complete list? From the EMF documentation I could only find invocation, validation and setting delegates.

Horacio Hoyos Rodriguez
Kinori Tech
Need professional support for Epsilon, EMF?
Go to: https://kinori.tech
Re: Delegating to EOL from EMF [message #1857793 is a reply to message #1857771] Sun, 26 February 2023 03:00 Go to previous message
Jörn Guy Süß is currently offline Jörn Guy SüßFriend

I dug them out of the source. They are in the descriptor. I attach information. It has some compiled extension point docks and the extracted schemata that are the source. Let's have a chat if you want to know more. A detail document will be forthcoming soon.
FYI.
Previous Topic:Accessing Enum values compliant with iModel
Next Topic:Best practive for prototyping tools in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 06:53:48 GMT 2024