Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Tranformation from .sys to .fboot(What is the piece of software that I need to transform the .sys file into the .fboot one)
Tranformation from .sys to .fboot [message #1855722] Fri, 28 October 2022 13:39 Go to next message
Pedro Souza is currently offline Pedro SouzaFriend
Hello everyone, Thanks for the awesome tool to support Industrial Automation 4.0 !

We've been developing applications in 4diac for quite some years now, and for some of these applications (optimizations mainly) we create templates programmatically.
That is, our technician fills a spreadsheet and runs a Python program that will based on the spreadsheet information prebuild the 4diac workspace ... so everything from the .sys and virtualdns files to the customized typelibrary.

So upon importing it to 4diac-IDE the technician already has the project layout and most of the logic is ready.

That is useful because we built the whole project with all past experiences included, so the focus can be only in customization to the client. Also we noted that doing this we avoid a series of common algorithm errors.

Now .. my question : )

We have gone as far as building the workspace. But for some applications like an OPC-UA Gateway for example, we wish to generate the fboot file directly.

What is the piece of software that I need to use to compile the workspace into the fboot file ?
Re: Tranformation from .sys to .fboot [message #1855735 is a reply to message #1855722] Sat, 29 October 2022 19:25 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hello Pedro,

With in 4diac IDE the code for generating the boot file is part of the boot-file wizard and this wizard delegates that to the deployment executor which is collecting all the information of the resources, their FBs, parameters and connections. Is this what you are looking for. The bootfile itself resembles just the destination and XML structure used also for deployment. The detailed information of what we are sending can be found in the Configurability Section of the IEC 61499 compliance profile for feasibility demonstrations: https://www.holobloc.com/doc/ita/index.htm

Cheers,
Alois

PS: as you are mentioning virtual DNS files: We are currently working on the successor infrastructure of virtual DNS. This ill be more standard compliant (i.e., IEC 61131-3 constants) and also type save. So you may want to have a look on one of the next RC releases.
Previous Topic:USE external static library
Next Topic:Read and write memory data of 4diac forte runtime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:35:30 GMT 2024