Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Accessing URIConverter and using mappings(Location-transparent use of EMF Resources with Epsilon)
Accessing URIConverter and using mappings [message #1855538] Thu, 20 October 2022 02:56 Go to next message
Jörn Guy Süß is currently offline Jörn Guy SüßFriend

Within EMF, relative resources are common. The recommended approach is to use a uri map linked to the ResourceSet, or global by delegation that canonizes the URI before resolution.

I was wondering what the best practice for the use of this facility is in Epsilon.

It seems that the underlying assumption is that for metamodels, absolute URIs are used, while for models, Eclipse platform resource should be used?

What is the best pattern to create URIs for relocatable resources that contain models?

I also understand the EMC resources are different, and do not rely on a URIConverter. I assume that this is to retain independence from EMF. But would it make sense to have an independent clone of the interface that allows adaptation to the mechanism?
Re: Accessing URIConverter and using mappings [message #1855593 is a reply to message #1855538] Sat, 22 October 2022 08:49 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Jörn,

I don't have much experience with using this feature of EMF I'm afraid. In cases where more of the features of EMF are required than what the EMF driver exposes, my advice would be to consider using the InMemoryEmfModel driver instead. Does this help at all?

Thanks,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:Unconventional naming of antlib descriptor
Next Topic:EGL+EGX, Type not found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 10:47:00 GMT 2024