Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Error CBSDSocketInterface: bind() failed: Adress already in use(Error starting forte)
Error CBSDSocketInterface: bind() failed: Adress already in use [message #1855481] Mon, 17 October 2022 12:34 Go to next message
Marco Giani is currently offline Marco GianiFriend
Hi,

I compiled forte for Unix as specified in the documentation.
At start I receive following error:

WARNING: Boot file forte.fboot could not be opened. Skipping ...
ERROR: CBSDSocketInterface: bind() failed: Adress already in use

The 61499 port is used by forte apparently and no other processes, so i cannot understand why the error happens.

If then a program has to be loaded to the device, I will receive an error saying that the connection wasn't succesful
Re: Error CBSDSocketInterface: bind() failed: Adress already in use [message #1855561 is a reply to message #1855481] Thu, 20 October 2022 12:28 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

It seems that there is already a 4diac FORTE in the background. Or an 4diac FORTE was not cleanly shut down. Can you check when that happens if there is an 4diac FORTE process still running. On which operating system you are testing? You can check on Windows or Linux which process is holding a port.
Previous Topic:Delay between states in ECC
Next Topic:USE external static library
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:00:19 GMT 2024