Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » emfatic: nested double-quotes in annotations?
emfatic: nested double-quotes in annotations? [message #1853944] Mon, 25 July 2022 10:23 Go to next message
Matt Windsor is currently offline Matt WindsorFriend
Hi all,

I'm trying to write annotations in an Emfatic file of the form
@genmodel(body="...")

so as to inject code into EMF generated operation bodies. However, the operation I'm trying to define is
derived op String[1] toString()

and so I want to be able to use string literals from within the body annotation.

Is there a way to do this? " doesn't work as it terminates the outer annotation literal; \" parses but injects the \ into the operation body and causes a Java syntax error; and HTML/XML escapes such as " also just pass through directly.

For now, I'm just resorting to calling into a helper class that provides the string literals, but this seems iffy.

Thanks,
~ Matt
Re: emfatic: nested double-quotes in annotations? [message #1853962 is a reply to message #1853944] Tue, 26 July 2022 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Matt,

Thanks for reporting this. I've pushed a fix and \" can be now used to escape double quotes in annotation detail values. Could you please try the latest interim version of Emfatic and let me know how it goes?

Best,
Dimitris
Re: emfatic: nested double-quotes in annotations? [message #1854029 is a reply to message #1853962] Thu, 28 July 2022 14:01 Go to previous message
Matt Windsor is currently offline Matt WindsorFriend
Hi Dimitris,

I've tried the interim version and it fixes the problem. Thank you very much for the quick response!

~ Matt
Previous Topic:Using JDT driver in workflow
Next Topic:Model generation starting from UML diagrams and c++ codes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 06:29:26 GMT 2024