Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » [4diac - IDE]-Unable to bring example projects under system explorer in 4diac IDE(Unable to bring example projects under system explorer in 4diac IDE)
[4diac - IDE]-Unable to bring example projects under system explorer in 4diac IDE [message #1852615] Fri, 27 May 2022 10:18 Go to next message
Dhanasekar J is currently offline Dhanasekar JFriend
Hi 4diac,

I am new to 4diace IDE project. I am working to load the example projects into my workplace. But it is not visible in system explore window in 4diac IDE. It seems "system explorer" window has NO projects.

Below are steps, I have followed.

1. Installed 4diac IDE in my windows machine from this "4diac-ide_2.0.1-win32.win32.x86_64.zip"

2. Download the example project from 4diac sourceforge

3. Open the 4diac IDE and imported the projects by following File->Import->Existing Projects into Workspace -> select root directory -> TrafficLight("Entered location of downloaded project").

4. Nothing is displayed under "System Explorer Window"

5. I have tried both windwows and Ubuntu system. Observing same behavior.

Note. I am able to see the project "TrafficLight" under "Type Navigator" window
Re: [4diac - IDE]-Unable to bring example projects under system explorer in 4diac IDE [message #1852621 is a reply to message #1852615] Fri, 27 May 2022 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,
most probably the traffic light project you have is from a rather old 4diac version. In order to fix this you need to open the Project Explorer view (Window-> Show View -> Other ... -> Project Explorer). In this view you should be able to see your traffic light project. Now right click on the project and open the properties dialog. There select Project Natures and press the Add button. From the list select "org.eclipse.fordiac.ide.systemmanagement.FordiacNature". Press Ok and then Apply and Close in the properties dialog. Now you should see your traffic light project. See also the screenshot below for reference.
Re: [4diac - IDE]-Unable to bring example projects under system explorer in 4diac IDE [message #1852625 is a reply to message #1852621] Fri, 27 May 2022 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Completely forgot: Welcome to Eclipse 4diac. Happy to have you here!
Re: [4diac - IDE]-Unable to bring example projects under system explorer in 4diac IDE [message #1852650 is a reply to message #1852625] Mon, 30 May 2022 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dhanasekar J is currently offline Dhanasekar JFriend
Hi Alois Zoitl,

Thanks for your support. After following your steps, I am able see the "TrafficLights" projects under "System Explorer" window.

Thanks,
Dhanasekar
Re: [4diac - IDE]-Unable to bring example projects under system explorer in 4diac IDE [message #1857697 is a reply to message #1852650] Tue, 21 February 2023 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicolo Sciara is currently offline Nicolo SciaraFriend
good evening,

I post my request here as a reply because is the same argument.

Can you please tell me where i can find the traffic light example since the deployment interface is not present in the now 4Diac IDE? I searched it all day on sourceforge as Dhanasekar J sais where he found out but i didn't find it yet.

Thanks in advice for the answer and have a good evening,

Nicolò
Re: [4diac - IDE]-Unable to bring example projects under system explorer in 4diac IDE [message #1857698 is a reply to message #1857697] Tue, 21 February 2023 18:56 Go to previous message

Hi,

yes the deployment perspektive is gone for good. Deployment is now done either via context menu or main menu (Run -> Deploy). This menu is active when you select something that is deployable: system, device resource.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Alois

PS: we are desperately looking for someone who could update this part of the tutorial. The tutorial is just an HMTL file that can be found in the 4diac IDE repository. Any improvements are warmly welcome.
Previous Topic:Wikis and Docs about 4Diac
Next Topic:Pin with PARAM() 2 and Pin with PARAM() 8
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:38:18 GMT 2024