Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Problem with tree2graph transformation example(Eclipse Example doesn't work with ant configuration)
Problem with tree2graph transformation example [message #1851969] Sun, 24 April 2022 11:14 Go to next message
Federico Paolone is currently offline Federico PaoloneFriend
Hi, i am new in this forum and i am trying to run the tree2graph transformation example on eclipse epsilon with the ant configuration.
It doesn't work and the error is:

org.eclipse.epsilon\examples\org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.tree2graph\launch.xml:23: Problem: failed to create task or type epsilon.emf.register
Cause: The name is undefined.
Action: Check the spelling.
Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place.

I am on windows 11 and i have installed apache ant and ant-contrib following the official guide.

does anyone have any idea how it might work in order to execute the transformation?

Re: Problem with tree2graph transformation example [message #1851986 is a reply to message #1851969] Mon, 25 April 2022 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

Hi Federico,

Normally, that error happens when you try to run in a JRE that is not the same as the workspace (as the example uses the Ant tasks as contributed by our Eclipse plugins).

Can you double check that in your JRE tab, you have selected "Run in the same JRE as the Workspace"?

[Updated on: Mon, 25 April 2022 08:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with tree2graph transformation example [message #1851999 is a reply to message #1851986] Mon, 25 April 2022 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, i have selected "Run in the same JRE as the Workspace".
Re: Problem with tree2graph transformation example [message #1852000 is a reply to message #1851999] Mon, 25 April 2022 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

In that case, that error should only happen if you do not have the appropriate features in Epsilon installed.

Can you post a screenshot of Help - About Eclipse IDE - Installation Details, specifically the "Installed Software" tab? Did you install the "Epsilon Development Tools for EMF" feature?

See my screenshot, which has the "Epsilon Development Tools for EMF" highlighted, showing it has been installed (and the exact version).

Re: Problem with tree2graph transformation example [message #1852002 is a reply to message #1852000] Mon, 25 April 2022 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't have "Epsilon Development Tools for EMF" , see the screenshot.

Do I need the eclipse modeling framework? How can i obtain the "Epsilon Development Tools for EMF"?
Re: Problem with tree2graph transformation example [message #1852003 is a reply to message #1852002] Mon, 25 April 2022 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Your screenshot does not appear to show any Eclipse Epsilon features, like mine. You need to install Epsilon yourself - it does not come with a standard Eclipse Modeling distribution.

I suggest that you use the Epsilon update site to install the latest interim release, as indicated here:

https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/download/#update-sites

Please use the "Help - Install New Software" menu entry for this. For developing Epsilon scripts on EMF models, you will want at least:

* Epsilon Core
* Epsilon Core Development Tools
* Epsilon EMF Integration
* Epsilon Development Tools for EMF

[Updated on: Mon, 25 April 2022 16:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with tree2graph transformation example [message #1852005 is a reply to message #1852003] Mon, 25 April 2022 16:22 Go to previous message
Ok, now it works.
Thank you for the help.
Previous Topic:org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.egl.flowchart is missing metamodel
Next Topic:Eugenia: problem running example filesystem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 08:00:40 GMT 2024