Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Babel » large contributions - questions(content of large contributions zipfile is unclear)
large contributions - questions [message #1850489] Fri, 04 March 2022 18:10
michael Schindler is currently offline michael SchindlerFriend
hi!

some projects where i contribute are rcp and rap based, so babel is used to translate.
For some languages support is sparse, especially in rap.
So what i did is enlarge the babel translations by moving translations that are identical in 3 other language (I used en_AA without the marker, de and ru, but could use more or different languages) to all the identical places of a target language if i find a translation in one of the identical places for this language and the target place is empty.

I want to contribute this to the babel project; in principle the scripts can do that for any language. I use them currently for cs, sk, hu and may extend to sp, pt as i know these regions are planned.
But i could run them for all languages too.

How do i submit a large contribution in detail:

Should the property files contain just the changed values or values from daily build plus changed values? makes no difference for me, it is just iwether i start with an empty or prefilled target tree.

Should the values be encoded UTF-8 as specified in https://www.eclipse.org/babel/development/large_contributions.php or should they be unicode escaped (and thus useable for java8 too as specified in https://wiki.eclipse.org/Babel_/_Large_Contribution_Import_Process?
Simplest for me would be to not touch the strings/bytepatterns i find in the downloaded babel jars - they are usually unicode escaped.

source contributors would be babel project contributers as i do not translate a single item - just distribute already translated items to more places.

Please answer if this contribution is helpful and how to contribute exactly.
The tooling could also be contributed (perl scripts) if there is interest.

Previous Topic:Babel Language Packs R0.19.2 are now available!
Next Topic:3 validations errors after babel fr installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 00:58:09 GMT 2024