Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Working tutorial for 4diac(Any recent updates to Tutorial)
Working tutorial for 4diac [message #1849895] Mon, 07 February 2022 18:13 Go to next message
Sentekin Can is currently offline Sentekin CanFriend
I am an Industrial Electrical Engineer who used first PLCs, like 5TI and Modicon484.. I am excited about 4diac and like to built a working controls.
I understand the Tutorial needs to be updated, I can understand man power shortages, however Basic Tutorial is entrance point for beginners and very important as welcoming. I see many advanced users here who could be supporting beginners with a blinker tutorial . I will be happy to help in industrial controls aspects but just a beginner in 4diac and Tutorial is not sufficient to make blink program to work.
Best wishes for success of everyone here.
Re: Working tutorial for 4diac [message #1849929 is a reply to message #1849895] Tue, 08 February 2022 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barry Dowdeswell is currently offline Barry DowdeswellFriend
Hi Sentekin,

Yes, learning a new system like 4diac can be complex. Over the summer, I have been helping one of my students learn 4diac for a research project in my laboratory. I developed a brief tutorial for her that I have attached here. It is still a work in progress, but you may find it useful.

Our approach was based on these two assumptions:

1 - We wanted to create an example project with one, new function block and which also used an existing 4diac library block. Learning those two aspects introduces a lot of fundamental 4diac concepts.

2 - We write our algorithms in C++ rather than Structured Text. Writing the same algorithms in Structured Text should work fine since they are not complex algorithms.

So, the simple Alarm Clock function block application covers most of the 4diac features. I need to bring it up to date for the very latest release, but the basics are the same.

Note that this tutorial also details the use of CMake and we are running our development under Linux. Windows or Mac configurations for CMake are very similiar.

Hope you find this useful. I plan to keep tidying this up and make it available for Alois and his team to share via the forum.

You are welcome to contact me via this forum or directly if you need further help. My home page at AUT is here with all my contact details : https://academics.aut.ac.nz/barry.dowdeswell

Regards,
Badger

[Updated on: Wed, 09 February 2022 00:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Working tutorial for 4diac [message #1850049 is a reply to message #1849929] Sun, 13 February 2022 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Dr. Barry Dowdeswell :
Thank you for your reply. Please keep me in touch with further additions to your Tutorial. Although, you have many more duties and I am not one of priorities. I am a retired engineer who is trying to keep his brain active so old age will not destroy it. My background is Power and Controls EE. Only used Ladder Logic with Allen-Bradley and Modicon PLCs and IBM BASIC before retiring. C++ is no problem for me now. Please note that I am at LinkedIn and if it is more convenient to use my email is:
Can_Bursa@msn.com
Thank you again and Best Regards,

Sentekin (Shen) Can
Re: Working tutorial for 4diac [message #1850121 is a reply to message #1850049] Thu, 17 February 2022 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barry Dowdeswell is currently offline Barry DowdeswellFriend
Thank you Sentekin,

I will make sure I forward you updates to the tutorial, I hope you enjoy learning 4diac. I am always happy to help with queries.
Regards,
Badger
Re: Working tutorial for 4diac [message #1850347 is a reply to message #1850121] Fri, 25 February 2022 17:42 Go to previous message
Thank you for all the help. Most beginners download the latest version as I did it is 4diac ver 2.0.1. I definitely appreciate all the effort goes into keeping up with the revisions.. Unfortunately, as beginner you need to follow Tutorials. However 4diac is developing so quickly that tutorials are left behind possibly because of technical help problems.
Best regards.
Previous Topic:Modbus - Connection reset by peer
Next Topic:Help Modbus communication
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:43:33 GMT 2024