Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Unexpected modification of the input model(The input model is modified by a model to text transformation)
Unexpected modification of the input model [message #1849300] Wed, 12 January 2022 09:06 Go to next message
Yves BERNARD is currently offline Yves BERNARDFriend
Hello,

I'm facing a strange behavior of an EGL code.
The purpose is to generate a textual representation of a model described by an ecore metamodel and stored in a XMI file.

The ecore metamodel results from the translation of an UML model than contains classes and associations with redefined properties. Since ecore does not support them, redefining properties are considered derived ones and managed as such by the implementation of that metamodel.

The point is that when the EGL code is executed on a XMI file, this file is modified.
Basically, some of the redefined properties that was visible in the file before the execution have disappeared. It looks like they are only those that are not composite, i.e. that are not used as containers. Instead they are replaced by their redefining properties, or by nothing. It's possible that the latter case results from the fact that the implementation is unable to compute the derived value, whatever the reason. But this is not the point here.

Questions are:
1. It is not expected that the input model is modified by that script so, how can it happen? Could it be linked to some options linked to the definition of the input model in the launcher configuration?

2. Do you have any idea about what could trigger those modifications that I have never observed before, including with UML metamodel that has plenty of such property redefinitions?

Thanks.

Yves
Re: Unexpected modification of the input model [message #1849301 is a reply to message #1849300] Wed, 12 January 2022 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Yves,

Since you do not intend to modify the input model of your transformation, I'd suggest unticking the "Store on disposal" option in the configuration dialog of your UML model. If this doesn't work, please send me a minimal example demonstrating the issue and I'll investigate.

Thanks,
Dimitris

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2022 09:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unexpected modification of the input model [message #1849302 is a reply to message #1849301] Wed, 12 January 2022 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yves BERNARD is currently offline Yves BERNARDFriend
Hi Dimitris,

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

I confirm than unchecking the "store on disposal" option fixes the issue: the input model is not modified anymore.

Thanks!

Yves
Re: Unexpected modification of the input model [message #1849303 is a reply to message #1849302] Wed, 12 January 2022 09:49 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Great - I'm glad to hear that this did the trick.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:how to declare index variables in EOL
Next Topic:how to insert datetime in target file's name in EGX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 13:04:48 GMT 2024