Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » 4Diac IDE - no option for Deployment perspective
4Diac IDE - no option for Deployment perspective [message #1849143] Wed, 05 January 2022 09:47 Go to next message
K Thyagarajan is currently offline K ThyagarajanFriend
Hello,

a complete newbie here. just installed the 4diac IDE and starting with the BlinkTest App. I do not see any option for the Deployment Perspective (the two cog wheels). Kind of stuck here and will appreciate any help.

Install version details as follows.

4diac IDE
Version: 2.0.1
Build id: 2021-12-29_1709

Host: SMP Debian 4.19.208-1, x86_64

Thanks
KT
Re: 4Diac IDE - no option for Deployment perspective [message #1849152 is a reply to message #1849143] Wed, 05 January 2022 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

we removed the deployment perspective some versions ago as it led to bed user experience. Unfortunately we were not able to update the documentation yet. Sorry for that.

The functionality of the deployment perspective can be found in two places:
1. for launching local runtimes we have the simulated device manager, which you can launch from the debug menu
2. for deploying your systems you need to select the element(s) to deploy (i.e., resources, devices, systems) and invoke deploy either from the run menu or from the pop-up menu

I hope this helps.

Alois
Re: 4Diac IDE - no option for Deployment perspective [message #1849175 is a reply to message #1849152] Thu, 06 January 2022 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K Thyagarajan is currently offline K ThyagarajanFriend
Thank you Alois!

I was hoping to make progress and have logged a bug: Bug 578076

I am blocked by the situation as articulated in the bug. Additional advise how to progress is appreciated.

Thanks
KT

[Updated on: Thu, 06 January 2022 11:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 4Diac IDE - no option for Deployment perspective [message #1849189 is a reply to message #1849175] Thu, 06 January 2022 16:51 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

thanks for the bug report. Just to clarify this is not the deployment console but the console for the 4diac FORTE output. Unfortunately I have some issues with this console also on my system. I hope with the information I asked at the bug report we can trace this further down.

For your tests you don't necessarily need the simulated device manager. You can also start your 4diac FORTE instances from a console. with the command line param -c localhost:portnr (e.g., ./forte -c localhost:61500) you can specify any port number your 4diac FORTE should listen. If you don't give a value the default 61499 is taken.

I hope this gets you further.

BR,
Alois
Previous Topic:Help- "Map to" option not displayed
Next Topic:compile Forte with OPCUA on Raspberry
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 13:49:28 GMT 2024